Posts by KimAZ

I learned a trick that Michelle Bommarito taught in a class. Instead of using a brush, use a sponge to paint the color on the fondant. To get into the small spaces, just cut the sponge to small pieces and dab the color on. It works perfectly with luster dust mixed with alcohol too. It's amazing how well the color goes on and there are no streaks at all!Hope that helps!KimAZ
Please look at the Arizona State Legislature's website. The bill is HB2103.http://www.azleg.gov/DocumentsForBill.asp?Bill_Number=HB2103&Session_ID=102We're on our way...woo hoo!!!! KimAZ
Basically, WHEN this bill passes, it will mean that we will all be allowed to bake and sell our cakes from home -legally! No inspection, no license, no jumping through hoops, bending over backwards and standing on our head to do so! There is a list of requirements and they are really simple and easy. Check out this link for more info: http://www.azleg.gov/DocumentsForBill.asp?Bill_Number=HB2103&Session_ID=102Click the "show adopted amendments" link and look at the first...
The bill passed the 3rd reading in the Senate today! Woohoo!! Now it goes back to the House for final approval then on to the Govenor.Keep your fingers crossed!KimAZ
SWEET!!! Now it goes back to the house for final approval, then on to the govenor!YEAH!KimAZ
You are right! The next time they meet will be for the vote in Senate.There is another thread I'm keeping updated too called Arizona Food Cottage bill.KimAZ
Below is what has been defined/amended so far for this bill as of today. It is in the Senate as I type this so I'll be updating as soon as they post it.Limits the exemption to baked and confectionary goods that are prepared in a home for commercial purposes. Requires the label of the product to be given to the product’s final consumer. Requires the label, if the product was prepared in a facility for developmentally disabled individuals, to disclose that fact. Requires...
In my personal opinion, there is no way I'd do a buttercream cake for an ourside reception in August in Arizona. No way! If you're in the valley, it's never under 105 degrees. Melt...melt...melt. I wouldn't even try a fondant cake for outside at that time of year. That's just me. I'd hate to see all the time, effort and expense in the cake to watch it collapse or melt on the table. Not to mention, if you're a bridesmaid, you'll be all dressed up, need to be in photos...
Here is the link to another thread about this subject.http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-707392-.htmlKimAZ
Hi all, I've been keeping up with a new food cottage bill in Arizona. It has already passed the House ( overwhemlemly I might add ) and is currently about to go into the third reading of the Senate.It's called HB2103.PLEASE, PLEASE send a letter or email to Rep Kavanaugh of the House of Representatives. jkavanagh@azleg.gov or House of Representatives 1700 W. Washington Room 114 Phoenix, AZ 85007 Phone Number: (602) 926-5170 He is the one sponsoring this bill. As is Will...