Posts by KimAZ

The rep of ICES AZ is from Phoenix now but I know they've met down in Tucson in the past. Not sure if that is still the case. His name is Ted Scutty. You can find him on facebook.If you are in the Phoenix area, there is a cake club in Mesa called the Confection Connection Cake Club. I'm a very active member in that club so I'd be happy to share info if you'd like.KimAZ
The first thing that comes to mind mind every time I hear that comment is..." IT"S CAKE AND FROSTING...it's SUPPOSE to be sweet! DUH!"If people don't like sweet, then don't order cake! Seems so simple to me.KimAZ
I've used styrofoam dummies many times for show cakes. First, I either file down or press down the top and bottom edges so they're not so sharp. If there are any big holes or chunks out of the styrofoam, I filled them with royal icing. For buttercream cakes, I just frosted the cake just as if it were real cake. For fondant covered cakes, I spread a thin layer of shortening on the stryfoam, then covered it with fondant with no problems. If you need to carve, use a serrated...
Luckily, the East Valley has a new supply shop as well. Phoenix Cake Company in Gilbert recently started carrying supplies, fondant, dusts, tools, boards, boxes, etc. They are off Gilbert Rd/ Baseline Rd in Gilbert.KimAZ
I make my own MMF all the time and put the cakes in the fridge with no problems at all. Good luck!KimAZ
It seems to be working fine now. Thank you!KimAZ
I am using Internet Explorer and the ads are so big they take up about a 1/4 of the post so I can't even read it all.What now?KimAZ
The only place near me that carries Pastry Pride is Smart and Final. They also carry Bettercreme in vanilla and chocolate and both are excellent.Good luck!KimAZ
I use Pastry Pride which is non dairy. Makes great mousse filling with a box of pudding mix or jams.KimAZ
Congratulations! I opted not to enter the AZ State fair this year for the first time in 6 years. There has only been any real competition one of those years. I won BOS every year so I know it's exciting!KimAZ