Posts by KimAZ

Hi Everyone,  I thought it would be fun to see who is going to ICES in New Mexico this summer. I know there are several of us from the Confection Connection Cake Club in Mesa going as well as several from the Icing on the Cake Club in Tucson going.   There are quite a few of us carpooling and rooming together too.  Chime in if you are going. It would be great to have a big Arizona group!   KimAZ
That's all fine and good if you are in the area that professional classes are being held. But I am more referring to local classes, not just in my area but in any area that are not being taught by big name decorators.   I don't see how that would hurt this website at all.  Just don't understand the logic.
Just curious then, why is it that no classes can be posted?     Since the Events forum mentions that they are updating their policies and that you were following an outdated policy, I was hoping there would be an answer to this after 6 months of waiting.   In the past we had some unclear guidelines on how members could share this information, whether it was a paid event or not.  If you were someone that had an event posting moderated please do not fret!  The mods...
Hi,  It looks like they were undergoing some updates with that forum but still nothing new since February.   Can anyone update?  It would be nice to post about events and classes again.   Thank you! KimAZ
Well that doesn't make any sense now does it?  Wouldn't it be beneficial to let people know about this kind of thing since this is a cake decorating website and there are multiple threads on people asking for exactly this kind of info?     Any moderator care to chime in here?  
Hi,  I wanted to ask which forum is the proper place to post information about local classes? I see in the "Events" forum that they are working on some changes so I wasn't sure if that was the right place.   Can anyone help?   KimAZ
Hi,  I've been to two ICES conventions so far, San Diego and Reno.  Both were really awesome! The vendor room is like a cake decorator's toy store! Pretty much any and everything is there and trust me when I say you'll spend a lot of time and money on all the goodies they sell.   Just when you think you've seen it all, you go back another time to make sure you didn't miss anything...and buy more! :)   The cake room was outstanding as well! There were easily over...
Hi All,  If you are in the Phoenix, AZ area, please feel free to come check out a new site called "Phoenix Swip Swap Cake Decorating Supplies".  It's on Facebook so anyone can join.   Welcome to Phoenix Swip Swap Cake Decorating and Baking Supplies. We are excited and hope to grow this group fast so we can start selling and buying. Rules: used items or excess supplies. This is NOT the place to sell cakes or other baked goods. This is also not a place to sell...
We are told the same thing in Arizona under our Food Cottage law. No using real butter in buttercream. I totally questioned this after a fellow decorator told me. I wrote to our health dept and was told we can NOT use REAL butter because it's "potentially hazardous"... ( whatever!!!)   Using real butter IN cake is fine because it is cooked. When you make buttercream frosting, nothing is cooked, therefore this so called hazard.   Funny thing though and totally unfair...
All you have to do is show up to our meetings! We meet on the 1st Tuesday of each month from 6:30pm-8:30pm at a local fire station's community room in Mesa. All the info is on our website. Please feel free to check it out. http://www.freewebs.com/confectionconnection/Guests are welcome to attend two times before becoming members. We have a lot of fun. There are usually two demos per month like Jeanne said ( Hi Jeanne!! Come back soon!)I am very active in the club so if...