Posts by JavaJunkieChrissy

When I do my flowers I don't cut out too many pieces ahead of time. Even if they are covered, even in a container, they can and will dry out and when you try to roll the edges with your ball tool the edges will then crack.Make sure that your adding a bit of Crisco to your hands while your working the gumpaste and also a bit to your area that your rolling it on. This will help. You don't want to add alot as this will make your gumpaste slimey. I find that when I use my...
Well, I've wondered about this too. I bet that you have to line the inside of the ribbon with something. I'd guess that you can use wax paper and just cut it down to the width of your ribbon???? Now, that's just a guess....LOL!!! Someone else will be along and they will let us know what they do.....there's probably an easier way....
I need to vent a little bit and I hope there is someone out there that can relate to me. I'm 41 years young..LOL!! I have been married for 19 years and I love my hubby very much. We have five boys..three of them are teenagers and the other two are tweens. I love, love, love making gumpaste flowers. I'm not as excited about decorating cakes. I think the reason that I'm not as excited about the cakes is that I am awfully hard on myself and look for every little error...
I agree with the above poster. Put your flowers on as late as possible. They will start to get soft when they are against the buttercream. I've also had those melted flowers and it's not nice, especially when you put all of that work into them!Best Wishes,Chrissy
Thank you all so much for the help. I plan on looking into all of the books that have been suggested. It's come to the point that I enjoy doing the flowers more then I do the baking and decorating of the cake!!Blessings to everyone,Chrissy
Before I was away for several months ShirleyW was on here and was ALWAYS a wonderful help to me. I don't see her anymore. I sent her a PM and I've never received a reply. Does anyone know where she is...does she post any more???I'm looking for help with gumpaste flowers and I've posted but I don't think that anyone can point me in the correct direction. I'm looking for good cutter...that come with good instructions. I don't really want a DVD I'd like to have a book.I...
Anyone else have any suggestions? DragonFlyDreams....thanks for the info. I'll check info the info that you gave me. I was looking at Scott Wolleys site and I did see some nice cutters on there. I'm REALLY in the market for a good book with pics AND detailed instructions.Chrissy
Hello ladies,I'm in the market for good metal gumpaste cutters. I have no idea where to find them. Can someone please guide me to a site that sells them. I'm also in the market for a book with instructions. I am self taught and I've done the Wilton book with those cutter (hate them) and now I want to "kick it up" and get some nice cutters and book. TIA,Chrissy
THANK YOU !!!!
I use IMBC for 90% of my cakes. I always make it fresh and use it right away. Did you beat it after you allowed it to come back to room temp??? You should have if you didn't. Sometimes I've had my IMBC get a little bit of water on the bottom on the bowl. I switched to European butter and I haven't had that problem since. HTH,chrissy