Posts by kaychristensen

I am making WASC for 100th time and need the cake ASAP. But I go to add the sugar and I am 1/3 cup short DD made koolaid. So I do have Splenda that a friend gave me awhile back. But I have never used it or baked with it. If I sub the 1/3 splenda for the sugar will there be a taste or texture difference?? This person fell in love with the first one I made her and I need another one ASAP. So I want the same flavor and texture. WILL THE SPLENDA DO THIS????? Does anyone...
Does anyone remember this cake. I am still searching Thanks
I also remember. It caught my eye in either the all time favorites or the other one most saved today on the home page. and that was a couple of days ago. Right about the time CC had some down time. Does anyone remember this cake. And it may have been in the new posted one also. But like I said I thought I saved it but I think I lost it when I push save. So any help would be greatfully appreciated. Thanks Kay
I did that and search all of them and it wasn't there. Thanks for your help though. I have search most of the wedding cakes for round but not in there either. I will continue my search LOL how many picture are on this site LOL
I saw a beautiful cake posted on here. I was just browsing around yesterday. I had basketweave but not all the way around it. And roses or flower cascading down the side of the basketweave. It also had a watermark on it. But I can't remeber who it said. I have searched when I could today but couldn't find it. Does anyone remember it or know who did it. I wanted to save it for insperation. I thought it was Awesome. I thought I saved it but it isn't in my photos. I had...
Just a thought. Maybe chop the snickers and add to carmel BC or reg. BC . So has the snickers but with frosting so alittle different.
I voted no to a point. I agree with asking the niece what she would like. And also they allergy factor. I am allergic to coconut. So if I don't know it is in the cake I will have a severe reaction. And to promote my cakes I have put a free coupon in our welcoming committee packs. On the coupon it states limitation may apply. So when they call I ask if they have allergy problems. I then give them a few choices of flavors of cake. I want them to try a basic cake first. Then...
A ?? for you are you using a stiff consistancy?? The stiffer the better. Is it an all butter recipe?? I love doing basketweave and would love to help you. So I will help as much as I can.
Ok here is my response to my ROYAL PAIN. I have had a very bad experience to ROYAL also. In fact I took course 2 twice because of my PROBLEM. This is what I have learned. First make sure your tips are grease FREE. By that I mean if you have used them with buttercream clean them with hot soapy water, then soak them in vinegar water, then again with the hot soapy water. Second do not use the 1 lb box sugar. When i used it My Royal was so wicked to me. I have made peace kind...
Man she is so in the wrong. I feel for you. I would talk to the mom as well. But then again she could drag your DD back into it. It is so touchy because of your DD. Tell the mom to keep the issues between the two of you and not to involve the kiddos. Tell her if she can supply the ingredients and make the cake and the icing you could maybe instruct her how to ice it and then decorate it if she has an extra 6 to 10 hours of her time to do it. I am sorry I am being...