Posts by BCJean

ropalma...I think we got so excited about telling you that you do not have to worry about a few air bubbles in your buttercream icing that we brushed aside the fact that you actually CAN make the icing as smooth as fondant.  You have to do the smoothing after you put the icing on the cake....not before.  After icing the cake, let the icing crust slightly so it is no longer sticky to the touch.  You can then take a Viva paper towel (Viva because it is smooth with no design...
Do you know who Bob Ross the artist from public network was?  He could do an awesome painting in 30 minutes.  Was it perfect....probably not but everyone loved his work....and loved to watch him do it.  I often think of him when I am decorating.  He loved what he was doing.....as do I.  I work with buttercream because It is fast, easy and tastes good..... hence my name on here...BC(buttercream)Jean.  Some of my favorite cakes to do are what I call my 10 minute cakes....I...
Wow, I haven't been on here for several years.  So nice to see there are a few buttercream decorators left.  I was always about....you bake a cake, ice the cake, and decorate it...all in a couple of hours or less....and of course you could eat the whole thing.  Such fun we had and perfection was not our major concern.
The recipe posted is for their bUttercream not bEttercream. There is a big difference. The whipped topping which they use is called bEttercream and it is made from oils which are whipped up to resemble whipped cream. They use a lot of additives, preservatives and emulsifiers. There is no way you could duplicate their recipe at home. You can buy the mix to whip yourself. You can get it in both quart and gallon sizes. It is a liquid and you just whip it. It is sold...
The recipe posted is for their bUttercream not bEttercream. There is a big difference. The whipped topping which they use is called bEttercream and it is made from oils which are whipped up to resemble whipped cream. They use a lot of additives, preservatives and emulsifiers. There is no way you could duplicate their recipe at home. You can buy the mix to whip yourself. You can get it in both quart and gallon sizes. It is a liquid and you just whip it. It is sold...
No, there are several "Cake Lady's". Frances Kuyper is also no longer living but the one referred to in the recipe discussion is, Gladyce Fixman.August 25, 2003Gladyce Fixman, a longtime Stamford resident who worked as a dental hygienist for more than 40 years, died Saturday, Aug. 23, at Stamford Hospital. She was 63. She died of cancer, according to her family. Born Jan. 8, 1940, in Brooklyn., N.Y., she was the daughter of the late Simon and Ann Stern Kreisler. Mrs....
OK, folks, I am a very good cake decorator (well sort of)...but, I cannot figure out how to send my file of recipes in an email. I will be happy to send it out....when or if I get this figured out. Or if someone, not only knows how to decorate cakes, but also knows how to work a computer, please help me. Thanks.
I do have a copy of the cake lady recipes, if anyone wants them. I haven't heard from this thread for a long time. The file I have has, I think, 24 recipes...some cake, some fillings, some are just photos and some are desserts. All are very good!
If she says, "There is a flaw", then I would reply with, "Oh, no that isn't a flaw, that is my trade mark.
I have this Iris cake in my photos. I like to keep my flowers dimensional though so I put it on the edge of a 9" cake which had a 6" cake stacked on top. This let me put some of the upper petals back further. I use a tip #104 for making the iris...and it is my favorite flower to make.Pansies would be easy to pipe on the side....or you might do the flowers with the embroidery technique and you could do an iris flat that...