Posts by kakekrafts

Check this out: www.countrykitchensa.com/whatshot/minicake.aspx This is a web page of Country Kitchen Sweet Art. Photos and instructions are shown also on this page. They have mini cake pans that can also be used as chocolate molds. They are not expensive too, approx $5 each. On second thought, maybe you can use molded chocolate "cake tiers" instead of baking cakes. Easier than doing it with fondant. And everybody loves chocolate!
Thanks guys!!!Here's how i did it--- The sticks I lined on the cake sides are wafer sticks that i dipped (or coated) in semisweet chocolate. You can use colored chocolate too. Actually, they should be chocolate curls or "cigarettes" as they are so called. But, i dont have the patience to do that plus i have "hot hands". Decorating the cake sides this way also gives me an excuse not to make fondant. Buttercream or boiled icing is easier. For the chair, I used the Blues...
Here's a cake I did for my friend's 80 year old dad.Hope this gives you an idea and inspiration.Good luck!!