Posts by mycakesandmore

Did anyone else see the story on GMA this morning about wedding cake? Basically said how to save money people should just get their wedding cake from grocery store because there's really no difference.... another one of those, "oh well, it's JUST cake" kind of things. That so irritates me. But as I was getting royally ticked off at GMA they cut to the hosts outside serving grocery store wedding cake to the crowd and talking about how good it was and Sam Champion said,...
4 of my 6 pickups were late today and only one texted me to let me know what had happened.... waiting on the last pickup now (we'll see what happens) My husband says (as someone else mentioned above) that people are used to the 24/7 Walmart and think we're supposed to just be here when they get ready to come by. When people don't answer my phone calls or texts to find out where they are then I will send one of those "I have to leave by such and such time and if you are...
thanks for the laugh! People never cease to amaze me... and to quote my favorite comedian.... "Here's your sign..."
I'm so sorry that happened to you! The cake was just absolutely gorgeous and the sheet cake was too! Thank goodness you had already decorated the sheet cake to match - wow - what a lifesaver then. It looks like they could have probably salvaged several pieces from the ruined tiers as well (or did you say they fell on the floor?) -- I'm just wondering about them having enough servings... and I always wonder what I would do if (when ) that happened to me...Hope all...
Christi, I've only read your original post and then looked at your cake and now read your last post (so I haven't read everything inbetween) but I wanted to say that what this woman did to you was totally inexcusable and I'm just in total disbelief that she would be so nasty and rude. I'm so sorry that happened to you and please do try as you might to let it go... I'm sure that the seven pages of posts here have told you what a total jerk she was and how beautiful your...
I'm so sorry that this happened to you. Reading your post almost made me cry! Such rude and disrespectful people.... really makes my blood boil! At least you can have great joy in the fact of knowing how much the daughter loved it and that it was truly a labor of love. I totally agree with the posts that you should mail the invoice marked "paid in full" and the word "gift from you" someone on it -- and while I would be inclined to return the $15 just because I was...
Seriously, what is wrong with these people? I mean, I am a forgetful person, I'll admit, but c'mon... so please tell us.... what happened??? (and sorry this happened to you! Disrespectful people make me so mad!)
Thanks so much, Solecito! ... the friend of ours is actually from here in Harlingen!!! He's the manager of a kind of a "mission campground" facility there where they held the reception. His wife knew what I was talking about but they had already decided to just keep the cakes out beside the wedding cake instead of trying to carry cake back and forth from the kitchen with all the rain going on.... it all worked out fine, though!
Thanks Jenny! I love meeting people around here and finding out what a small world we really live in after all, right?! I have a good friend here and she and her family are moving to Eugene, Oregon in the next month or two... I don't know what part of the state that is located but she's going to be a lot closer to you than to me!! Her husband is originally from Seattle, I think.
Hey, I would love to do a cake for your friend anytime! You can find my website w/contact information here. If she ever does need a cake and you tell her about me tell her to be sure and mention that you are her friend! cool