Posts by lovescakes

Don't get discourage! I went thru the same thing, after renting a kitchen and getting all my permits and insurance and making only few cakes a weekend a new baker moved to my neighborhood with a nice front store and a culinary degree, for a while I thought of giving up but after checking her website from time to time I realize that she was doing lots of wedding, Indians to be specific so I decided to market children's special occasions like 1st b'days, communions,...
Looking for a custom bakery in Cary, Raleigh or Durham in North Carolina.any suggestions or please post your website to contact you....or send me a PM.....Thank you
I alway use a long stick and run it thru the board, and that makes it stay in place...
I get that all the time!!
Can't see the attachment...
I saw it in a store, but I can't remember the name and it was $14.99, I think 9.99 it's good .I'm sure in no time it will be at Michaels and with a 50% off coupon!! I can't wait to try it!
Thanks everyone! I thought about it and I decided I'm not doing it.this is not a bake sale, cupcakes would be the dessert and I was going to donate a gift certificate for a raffle, If they invited another bakery in town then yes I would put up my best table ....but, I pay too many bills and insurance to be next to an illegal HB (no offense but seriously she shouldn't be advertising). and it's not a venue so they have nothing to say.I just did a fundraiser yesterday and it...
Someone contact me from my neighborhood to donate 100 cupcakes for a fundraiser and promote my storefront business, but when I call back to set up all details, she tells me that there's going to be another lady bringing 200 cupcakes to promote her business and she told me she's an illegal home baker.well I'm sorry but now I don't want to do it anymore, I don't think it's fair to me...what do you think? should I even care?
THANK YOU! exactly what I meant!My husband works in the banquet dep. of a 5 star hotel in NYC and he says that vendors come running to meet the hotel's clients only when they going to make top $$$ but that he has never ever seen a cake designer/decorator coming to the hotel. I mean I've never heard of that! and the woman also wanted me to bring tasting....now that's just crazy...
what do you mean why?? she kept arguing, so I let her have a taste of her own medicine, it was very upsetting. and I don't want to argue with you either! Please..