Posts by btflsimplicity86

This has happened to me but it seems to be with family members. I did a favor once and said I would do a cake for what it cost to make it. No labor fees included and I had most of the pans and such at home so it really did not cost me much at all. It ended up being $25 for a three tier cake frosted with white and pink butterbream icing and bc roses. So that is what I charged. I made absolutely no money on it, but I was doing it as a gift....Well now this family member...
I did this once and learned my lesson. It wasn't a cake but the decorations. I had to store them for a couple days and didn't want them to dry out, because I had more work to do on them. So I figured I do it with buttercream why not fondant. Like many of the other replies when I took it out of the fridge it got very sticky and gooey almost like the consistency of wet playdoh, and mine were wrapped in plastic wrap it was a little man that I had put in the fridge for a...
I did this once and learned my lesson. It wasn't a cake but the decorations. I had to store them for a couple days and didn't want them to dry out, because I had more work to do on them. So I figured I do it with buttercream why not fondant. Like many of the other replies when I took it out of the fridge it got very sticky and gooey almost like the consistency of wet playdoh, and mine were wrapped in plastic wrap it was a little man that I had put in the fridge for a...