Posts by SweetThistleCakes

Let me hit on some of the questions here.I can afford the rent. The space is actually $200, but I factored in an additional $100 for insurance, electricity, trash removal, etc. I have three elaborately decorated dummies and a large window of which to display them in.I can not have consults at my current location. There are no negotiations on this. I deliver my orders to the reception/ home of the order-ee. My orders come in via word of mouth. I had fliers and biz cards...
Please bear with me- most of this seems scattered over a few paragraphs: I've been offered a space downtown at a steal of a price. It's an upstairs loft- type of space that is currently occupied as a law firm. My overhead would be approx. $300/ per month, give or take. I can afford that. I currently have a licensed kitchen that I dont have to pay extra for, but I dont have a space to advertise there because it's privately operated (by the owner) and the rules say no to...
I think I have learned more from this thread that any other here at CC!!!
The cake shown in the original post.More than likely, they have the book that the supplier (deco Pac or whoever) enclose it with their order
Please expalin the making of this cake to me like I am a 4 year old because I cant seem to grasp the concept...
... spousal unit is going to look at a storefront space today....
Love the cakes. This is why I am no longer doing cakes for family.
Someone posted something about a cupcake cafe or something awhile back in Seattle... you may want to try to search for the link
I like it! Now they need to make one for 6 dozen cupcakes and I'll be set!!
'Tis OK! It's the thought that counts! I would love to make one of your ideas, but that's another order....