Posts by slwdickey

I am wanting to try a chocolate buttercream for the first time. But on several of the recipes I have looked up, the buttercream is called "crusting". What is crusting chocolate buttercream? Can you pipe with it? Is it good to frost an entire cake with? Thanks in advance,Sherri
Is there a chart showing the amount of cake batter in ounces/pounds to put in cake pans? I talked to a friend of mine the other day when I was working on my first tiered cake and she told me that my 6 inch cake pan only needed 6 oz. of batter. I would love to have a chart with those type measurements. I just haven't been able to find one yet on the internet.ThanksSherri
I made a batch of MMF and made five different colors out of it for my son's birthday cake. I only used a little of each color and have a ton left over. I would like to use the left over MMF to make gerber daisy cupcakes for my MOPS (mothers of preschoolers) group. But I will not be making the cupcakes for another month. Will my fondant still be good then? I have each color in an air tight container. My son's birthday cake is only the second time I have used Fondant. I am...