Posts by Chef_Stef

I just realized I have 1,999 CC posts.  So this makes 2,000.  :D
Oh my gosh you guys.  I'm still finding things from my cake days that make me go-- "What?!?"   I blame insomnia, but the other night I found a to-do list from May of 2012...Why did I actually think I could pull that off?!?   http://itsa-long-story.blogspot.com/2013/10/bite-off-more-than-you-can-chew-much.html   I haven't baked anything resembling a cake since February, but I DID do a wedding this summer for our neighbor's daughter, who I've known since she was 4. ...
Oh thanks so much, you guys!!!!!  You can't imagine how sweet it was to wake up and read all these notes today.  I must have hit a nerve with that post--it's had over 310 views already   costumeczar...I know, right?  I didn't even think that list of *Doing This*...instead of... *That*, would end up going so long, but when I started thinking of it as a comparison, it was ALL true (plus so many more)...    You're right, that list *should* be required reading,...
It's been half the summer, and I thought I'd post an update, in case anyone's wondering wth? did she DIE? (no)   http://itsa-long-story.blogspot.com/2013/08/good-trade-memoir-of-ex-wedding-cake.html   carry on-
Hi All, I haven't been here in months, having (yes) closed my beautiful dream bakery in December, so this will be just a note to say hi to all my friends here, and a HUGE heartfelt thanks for all your tips and advice and shared commiseration over the last 12 years!    I loved all my years of baking and decorating, but I'm done.  Over it.  Moved on.  The website is closed, the phone is off, the equipment has been sold.  I don't care if I never see another cake or...
Waste of time reading these spammers-- I got the same type of order this morning, with no punctuation and English-not-your-first-language type wording, asking for '500 cupcakes what price by each in chocolate or vanilla and buttercream and party planner pickup to be on date you prescribe'   etc.     These go around all the time.  Hit 'spam' without a second thought.  They are never real.  And for the teeny tiny bit of the population who might (?) actually order...
I think any of these should be at least added to a list of "Please, think before you ask *this*"  for brides' check lists.  Most are just because they really don't know their way around serving sizes, wedding cakes, etc, but still...they always make me remember to smile before answering.   1.  "Is your cake dry?"   (umm.  yes.  yes, it is.  That's what all.those.awards are for)   2.  "How much does a 3 tiered cake cost?"   (this one just needs for them to...
LOL thanks!When I say vodka and OJ... I use the term "OJ" loosely. It's really more for, uh, a bit of color in the glass.. than anything! hahahaI am Polish, after all...still at work, if you can believe it. Some pretty cakes tomorrow to show ya
Well that's one of the nicest things I've ever heard. Thanks!!! *sniff*
Tell him thanks. My dh and one of our long-term restauranteur friends said the same thing. I did A and sort of B. Bending over because they yell loud is not how I roll. No one should think that sort of behavior will benefit them. I doubt I'll hear from them on the anniversary cake, and if they DO decide to claim it (seriously? really?), they will get a check from me for $25.00 in the mail. No way I'm having them set foot here and take home ANOTHER cake.I had a...