Posts by Eren

Here is my cake:http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1022633I winged it, but I did take pictures of the whole process for a possible tutorial.
Here are the instructions from melysa (I hope she doesn't mind)you'll need to start with a rectangle cake. i use a square and trim off one side to make a rectangle. level. place on cake board-glued down with a smear of icing. torte and fill, then crumbcoat and smooth. roll out white fondant for the pages. i measure 3 sides and cut each rectangle out. brush a little water on the back of the fondant and place each piece in place. pinch the 2 corners together to make a...
Well, the reason I added this topic is because I was hoping a CC member would have a tutorial I got the PM'd instructions, I guess I can add them here and try to take pictures when I make my cake... But it's probably going to be ugly...
Well, I won't be able to make it if I can't find instructions I only need to make one book, help!
This is the cake from the show I was talking about.Mine doesn't need to be this fancy, but I can't remember how she did the covers and the binding.
And I should have been more clear. The book I need has to be closed, not the open one like the Wilton pan.
Hello all, I'm going to make a book cake, probably covered in fondant, and I was wondering if you new of a website or book that has instructions for it. I remember on Food Network one of the decorators made a stack and they showed most of the instructions, but I didn't save the episode.Help? Tips?
I looked at the gallery for Polly Pocket cake ideas, and I see mostly FBCTs. Does anyone have other suggestions? I don't wanna use reall Pollys because I already bought my niece's present. I need a cake for 20 kids.Any sources for Polly's images?My mind is blank, can't come up with anything....
I'm making a doll cake for one of my friend's daughters. I'm planning on using the Wilton Wonder Mold for the skirt, but I need to cover it in fondant (I've always used buttercream for this pan), most likely making my own MMF.So, how do I do it? I've covered round cakes with it before, but this one is "pointy", not flat on the top like a round cake.Do I make the circle bigger than for a round cake? Do I make it smaller and smooth it until the cake is covered? Is a "seam"...
My 2 cents: Take out the visitor counter. That is really not in the "professional" sites anymore.