Posts by dandelion56602

I didn't think of cutting things out on wax paper first.  I guess scaling it down will be the hardest thing :(.  I am really dreading the small details of this cake and I just can't put it all on a 7" cake
I have a girl wanting this for her husband's bday.  The cake is going to be small, like 6-7".  The "5" is the most important, but would like as much of the rest as possible.  Here's where I'm needing some help.  How would you guys go about it?  I plan on doing the 5 in fondant & thought royal for the smaller lines.  But some of the detail throws me for a loop and what would be the best way of doing it...like the black widow? I thought cover in blk fondant & just laying...
Man that Anginetti cookie sounds yummy. May add that to my list!So, went hunting around yesterday for platters. I found a 10" & 14". I thought I would offer both sizes to give options. Any suggestions on pricing or how I should calculate it? Cookies will be mini 1 1/2-2" & all the other goodies will be bite size as well. Since I've not put these specific platters together I'm not sure how much of each will go on one. My brain is just not firing on all cylinders this...
Mimi, what are the varieties of cookies/bars you offer?I'm still trying to decide whether to offer these. And if I should offer a mix & match with Christmas candies and smaller cookies. I can easily price the larger cookies per doz, but it gets tricky when adding things like macaroons, spritz cookies, peanut butter balls peanut brittle. I thought about pricing those per pound, but haven't a clue what to price because some are more time consuming than others and some are...
I saw this too Thurs while browsing before leaving. Yes, I bought some. I wanted to have a response if anyone said anything about mine. Well, let me tell ya they are Na-asssss-ty. My 3 yr old ate them b/c they were sugar. DH didn't like them & my 8 yr old looked at them "your looks more better that's for sure." Then she took a bite, held it in her mouth & said "that's gross. I don't want it." They tasted like chemicals were super gooey & just plain gross, waaaayyy...
I will be airbrushing a buttercream suitcase cake brown. I meant to tint the buttercream a light brown before airbrushing, but totally forgot to. Will it be ok to airbrush the white buttercream or should I dump it back in the mixer and tint it? I'm just afraid of incorporating too much air.
Thanks Macsmom. Grandma G I had tried the squeeze a little method on a trial batch & it looked great in the bowl but baked up lighter. Plus I like a measurement so it can be the same everytime.
When making the Red Velvet, how much Super Red coloring would you use? (I have Chef Master's Liquid Gel colors) I know it's more concentrated so I didn't know how much to use. I don't want it pink but don't want people to have red teeth & it be bitter.
I had thought a 14, 10 & 6 too. I will be placing the flowers. She hasn't decided on real or gumpaste orchids---I'm praying for real . I'll give her the round option & one w/ a square. since they're serving a grooms cake it may change her mind. Thanks gals
I have a client that is looking for aprx 115 servings (75% of the invites) & prefers round.I have come up with a few sizes & one has an 8" top (8, 10 & 12--118 servings). I prefer a 6" top or even a 7" top, but have not done an 8" top tier. Does anyone have a picture of a cake w/ an 8" top, or will that just look too "off" & squatty?I've thought about 12" square & 9 & 6" rounds for 116, but it has a square tier. 7, 10 & 12" rounds give 112, but that's close.Any other...