Posts by Cakechick123

yes, Im from South Africa and I use it and absolutely loves the software. It uses the default currency from your computer settings. The only thing that cant be changed is the date format. We use dd/mm/yy and not mm/dd/yy like USA. But I got used to it pretty fast :)
its not a waste, my dad already claimed all the fruit cake off cuts for as long as I make them :)
not necessarily, as he said, the strip is limited to your work space, and IMO for ease of handling. the marzipan isn't showing so you can have as many seams as you like. I would not like to be the person that gets a piece of that edge though half cake and half marzipan LOL
The way of doing the top and then the sides is an old technique, but Ive never seen the "filling" in of the gap like he does it. :) I would just level the top?
  yes it is the Jem cutter< I have that set and it works great for scrolls
Debbie Browns books are available on Kalahari.net.
I use 2 teaspoons tylose on 250g of paste, so yours might be too weak. they should be rock hard within 2 days or so. Also the weather might play a huge factor in your drying process. If its humid, I place the items in a box (not air tight) with some silica crystals. I use the packets that you always get in with medicine.
when you dowel the bottom cake, do you use a board underneath the top cake? This seems to be one of the most common mistakes people make. You need dowels AND a board for a proper support structure.
why don't you print some on your computer and then use it as a template. cut the paste with an exacto knife. I have done this many times
I have the same policy for wedding cakes and for small celebration cakes I require 50% upfront and the balance when they collect. your policies are not unreasonable, and in any case even if they were, its YOUR business and you decide the rules. If the client is not happy with that its her choice to go somewhere else, but I'm sure she will find that most places has an upfront payment of some kind.   In my opinion she can accept your policy or go somewhere else.