Posts by Bethroze

Yes! The ziplock bag idea had crossed my mind, but I have never tried it myself. Anyone ever given it a try? I'm worried the kids would squeeze too hard and just open the hole up too big. Hmmm...
Mainly, I am concerned with quantity of equipment. In my dream world, I would have 90 star tips and bags with three different colors of icing. Unfortunately, they will have to share...uhg...I have been tossing around the idea of stations and having fondant at one. Station one - ice your cake; Station two - piping; Station three - fondant; Station four - eating.
I made myself a birthday pie. Almond meringue!!!
My daughter's school librarian asked me to help out at the Accelerated Reader sleepover. I agreed to do a small cake decorating class for the attendants. The small class has turned into possibly 25 kids ages five to twelve and five chaperons. It dawned on me this morning, that I should have said I would do a cake decorating demonstration and then we could all eat the cake after they watch me decorate! Unfortunately, I have already baked 30 small heart shaped cupcakes and...
I wonder if my consistency is too thick also. I do have a tendency to work with very stiff buttercream when piping. I'm surprised I haven't done in my hands and wrists yet.
I wonder if my consistency is too thick also. I do have a tendency to work with very stiff buttercream when piping. I'm surprised I haven't done in my hands and wrists yet.
I love working with FBCT, but I end up trying to brush out creases where I have piped in the icing. I pop the pan in the freezer between colors, so I realize that it makes the icing harden immediately causing the rough finish. That being said, if I don't harden the outlines, won't they move or smear? Tips needed!!!
The fact that the bride ate the cake in front of everyone is getting me...Wow!!!
Those are big ovens! I could fit three large sheets in the oven at a time. Smaller sized cookies, I was averaging four dozen a sheet this morning. Of course, this was as I shared the kitchen with the cook and had to boil water to wash the one mixing bowl I had because the hot water pipes had frozen.
I have been helping out baking part time at a restaurant. I was told yesterday that they had received an order for 15 baskets of cookies. This morning it was 20 baskets of 9 dozen each and they are due tomorrow. SAY WHAT!!!