Posts by pburgess68

I know this topic is VERY VERY old, but this is happening to me as we speak. Hubby says to put the cake back in the fridge (it's been out since this morning) in order to stop the bubbles. It's due tomorrow and I'm unsure what to do. I'm afraid my city is going to fall off my cake!!!!Used a very light coating of King Arthur Flour's recipe of Fluffy White Frosting, mostly shortening, let it crust in fridge, then put MMF on it. I started decorating the cakes exactly 10 hours...
I made my first 3D cake, and that's who it was! It was SO MUCH FUN!!!! I took 2 8" square cakes, and froze them. I removed them when I was ready to begin, left to defrost about an hour. I then trimmed off about 1/2" off the bottom layer (it was too tall, imo), frosted in between the layers, and stuck it back in the fridge to set a bit.I did a search on the web for "lightning mcqueen template photos" and someone had something that looked like a figure 8. That's what I used,...
Last week I had forgotten to make petals for some flowers I was putting on a cake, due the next day. I made them out of fondant instead of gumpaste (that's what I had handy and already in green!), and I knew they would take forever to dry out. I had remembered reading a trick about turning the oven light on and putting your deco's in there, so that's exactly what I did. Once or twice I turned the oven on 350 for like 10 seconds, just enough to get SOME heat, then I shut it...
Looking for the same thing as we speak!
Unfortunately, it's for a wedding cake due this week. I didn't think I'd have such an issue with this! There HAS to be a way to counteract the color. It is now puke green in color. All in all, I am getting extremely discouraged with Wilton products. Their fondant tastes horrendous, the frostings taste horrid, their colors aren't pleasant to work with, and their plastic cut outs for flowers are really poor quality. I see why everyone uses other brands. I think they are just...
I know this is an OLLLLD subject but I need help ASAP and everyone has different answers now matter where I look on the web.I made royal icing. Added wilton black. Turned purple OF COURSE cause this is just my luck. I need to turn it back to black. No other color will do, not a shade of grey, nothing...HAS to be black. Helppppppppp plsssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!
I did a wedding cake on Memorial Day in NC 2 years ago. She wanted real buttercream. HUGE MISTAKE. The cake was refrigerated the entire time until a half hour prior to serving. Wilt. Wilt. Wilt. Melt. Horrific experience. Cutting it was a disaster as well. The funny thing is, I had even used some shortening in the recipe and it still didn't make it. The bride didn't care in the least...neither did the guests. I was the one mortified! I don't think people quite grasp how...
Thanks you are a life saver!
Was it the bettercream or the but-r-cream? Evidently 8 bought the bet-r-cream one. About to return it unless u say it works ok!
I bought a tub of Bettercream from Sam's yesterday and was planning on returning it today, depending on what you guys replied...I remember reading something about not being able to use fondant decorations and use bettercream as well. How about gum paste decorations? I have made tons of flowers and shells for a birthday and a wedding, and I would rather return the bettercream if I have to, compared to redoing the cake layouts. What would be the best way to use the gum paste...