Posts by gabbs

yes okred ! thank u very much, i'll try it with and without gumpaste, i wanted to do a a present cake for my brother in-law for father's day ...
anyone ?
I know it may have been asked before, but i would be very thankful if someone could tell me, if u have to use gum-tex or something similar to harden fondant to make a bow or you just simply let it dry and it wil harden enough?thank u very much
I wouldn't use buttercream, here in Guatemala we eat the cake with "turron" it's delicious !!!! i'll try to get u the recipe, before tomorrow but if I can't search for turron(spanish), it is also very popular for fondant cakes, almost every wedding here is asked to be done in cajeta or turron ... u should try it !
I was going to suggest "un traje tipico" it's like a a wardrobe that simbolizes Mexico, until I saw it was for a kid, but i have another idea, u could make a "tipical mexican pinata" with candies and surprises coming out of it ...
Sorry if someone already asked these before, but i was wondering, if anyone knows another way to harden your fondant to make sculpted figures , etc., besides gum-tex??I wanted to try something else, thank u !
I LOVE fondant, and it's very curious to read that a lot of people dislike fondant. Here in Guatemala, it's rare to find someone who doesn't go ..." fondant?? mmm, my mouth is watering ...", most of my customers love fondant, it's the price of fondant they don't like very much LOL. Another thing is that people here love the combination of "cajeta" and fondant ( by the way cajeta is similar to caramel), so i would say that buttercream is not a favorite amongst my customers,...
hi everyone ! I wanted to make a special cake for my hubby for father's day, and i was thinking i could make a cake that had something to do with his job ...he works in a water supply system, and pipes and stuff like that, and i was wondering if anyone had a great idea for my cake?? Thank u so much !!
I don't know if it helps, but i always take someone to drive and i carry the cake/s, if I did it in another way i think i would be mortified ...
it's very pretty, specially the waterfall ... i love it !