Posts by gabbs

i made my mom's cake all in one day, including the MMF and had no problem !! just the bow that was made with pastillage, u can see in my pics tha there is no difference !I have never ever received a class in my life and i swear i love fondant u can make so many creative things... and i have never had a problem with MMF...
i read about people takin off fondant, and disliking the taste, and i can't believe, all of the people i know and also my customers love fondant, and i think it is much easier to work with, and it has a 100% better look than buttercream, but i think it also is a personal opinion, eat it if u like it take it off i u don;t like it
i bought a generic and it looks exactly the same as crisco in color and consistency, but i live in Guatemala so that may be the difference
ok thank u ! yes i had that doubt, if i could use any brand of unflavored gelatin ...I'm a little late for my father's day cake so i wanted something that could dry fast for a bow!!
can someone help me with these, does pastillage dries quickly(if i make a bow today will it dry for tomorrow?)and other thing is there a difference in using knox gelatin from another gelatin for pastillage?thank u
can someone help me with these, does pastillage dries quickly(if i make a bow today will it dry for tomorrow?)and other thing is there a difference in using knox gelatin from another gelatin for pastillage?thank u
ok ! thank u ... i'll definately try those
yeah, i wish i could do some of the beautiful bows i've seen in some pics, i tried to made one and i don't konw it i didn't let it dry enough but they were all wobbly LOL ...
anyone?
Does anyone have a great recipe for a caramel mud cake or a simple caramel cake?thank u !