Posts by PuffMamaT

I'm looking for the answer for this, too. Mine is just a ganache that is cooled and whipped.
Okay, it worked out okay. I'm a little worried that it won't hold up tomorrow, but hopefully the ganache on the outside will keep it in.THANKS!!!
Thank you!Do you think it will work if I chill it now, then re-whip? Or do I need to start over?
I used 1.5 Cups of heavy whipping cream and 24 oz of dark chocolate to make my ganache. No problem there. Then I took out about 1.5 Cups of the ganache to whip for a filling. But it won't set up enough! I have added merengue powder and powdered sugar, which helped a bit, but it's still the consistency of pudding rather than a fluffy filling.HELP! What do I do? This cake is for my nephew for tomorrow and I don't have any other ingredients on hand to make a different...
Okay, so I think I'm going to try a chocolate image instead.How early can I cover the cake with the ganach and put the image on top? Can I do it the day before and pop it in the fridge?
Hi everyone,My sister-in-law asked if I would make a Cars-themed cake for my nephew's 4th birthday. She specified chocolate cake w/ chocolate frosting, but isn't picky about the decor because my nephew is more about flavor and texture than decorations (autistic spectrum).Anyway, I have my 2 9x13 layers baked and ready to go. I think I would like to try using chocolate ganache this time, and I would like to make a royal icing Lightning McQueen image to go on top (already...
Love the idea to use it for lettering. My writing is horrendous, unless I am tracing it. I'm going to try printing out what I want to write, in the font that I want, and put a piece of waxed paper over it. Then trace with the RI. Thanks!
I'm making a cake for a baby shower in two weeks for our pastor's wife. It will be a very simple, round, 3-tier cake done with chocolate fondant and aqua blue/brown accents -- nothing cutesy...she is more into simple and elegant.Can someone please share with me how to decorate a cake platter? I've never been successful in doing this (I'm a hobbyist -- nowhere NEAR professional!) Do I use fabric? Something else? How do I get it to lay nicely and attach it underneath...
Yes, I think it says "class" without being snobby or over-the-top. Very nice. I like the colors, too. It was easy to navigate and fast to load (IE 7.0, high speed).I also agree -- borders should never be around photos. Never. But then again, that's my profession, so I'm picky. I'm not a fan of the intro pages (i.e., "Click here to enter the site"). I think it's assumed that if they landed on your page somehow, they want to enter the site. They also can be...