Posts by auntginn

Thank you everyone for your support. I am seeing or maybe its just me, that I do better with tiered cakes rather than the figures and carved. But I sure want to get better at them.   Cazza those are so stunning.  I have just started learning how to stencil and I would love to get some of those onlays but haven't yet.   Yes the bottom tier of my cake was wrapped with Wafer paper I printed.  That part was super easy.
Thank you Cat.  Glad its behind me know.  Was supposed to be temporary but she wanted to keep going and 2 heads usually just butt, lol   The gold is very easy to use.  I have Americolor Airbrush gold.  I refer the bright brassy one, but can only find it in a luster powder.  Which do you have?  I don't think I could hand paint it on anymore, now that I've been spoiled with the airbrush, lol  The total time I spent on airbrushing including drying time for the 3 tiers was 1...
Hi Cat, I feel like its been forever since I've popped in.  Wish I could have one of those scrumptious looking cupcakes right about now. lol   I can see I've missed out on alot. Might have to go back a few weeks to catch up.   Morgan, what a beautiful cake.  Love the coloring.   I've been doing double duty with a friend and fellow caker.  Sorry to say, I didn't really enjoy the experience.  I can really appreciate being my own boss and in control of how things are...
Thanks Smckinney, Everyone tells me to let it go, just wanted to hear (or read in this case, lol) from a pier.
Hi Cat, Happy Birthday to your daughter. lellosweetship, those cuppies look great, as do your cookies.  Although I am not a football fan, lol   I have 3 cake orders for tomorrow. A Tinkerbell cake (haven't decided on the actual design) its for a friends daugher so I have creative freedom on this one, hah! A baby shower cake that I hope is as fairly simple as the design I created for the poor girl, lol    The last one I've already done before its a 2 tier minnie...
Cat your cake and cupcakes are ever too cute.   anaelisabethlee - cute cake   tdove - Wow on the toystory cake. The cupcakes are cute, nice job on the piping scolls.   Cakealiscious - beautiful design for your cupcakes.     These 2 cakes were my designs.  Another person leaving the police force so a farewell cake for him.     And a little boys birthday cake for today.  
Hello all, I'm a little late.  Busy busy weekend after not having any cake orders for a few weeks.  I have been helping a friend who lost her designer, so even tho I am decorating cake I don't really count that as my own work.   Nice roses leilosssweetshop SPCOhio - great work on the Ground Hogs Day cake.  Love the little critter.  Cute guppies cake   Cakeyouverymuch, Love your barbie cake, I'm trying to finish off a model one for pics but can't seem to finish. Only...
Wow what cool cakes and such creativity.  I have no cake orders this week or next up.  Even if I wanted to next week, I can't because I'm having major dental work done on friday.  Ouch!  It hurts just thinking out it.  I'm one of those dental chickens.  I will be working on another faux cake between now and next week.  I have a beautiful carriage cake base and want a photo shoot of it.  So obviously I need a cake. lol  Also will be working on my valentines day orders with...
Thank you Cat, Rosie and analisabethlee.   miniflowercake, your pirate ship and characters are so.. cute.  Just love how you used cupcakes to create the water effect.
Saturday's Birthday Cake.