Posts by LeckieAnne

Thank you - I'm not getting emails - so I didn't know anyone had answered.Yes, but it doesn't always work for me - I don't know why. So wish me luck.
I'm sorry if this has been answered somewhere - but I've searched through the cakeball threads forever!I need to make 200 cake balls - and am trying to figure out how much white chocolate I'm going to need. She doesn't want candy melts either. Also, anyone know a good site to order the chocolate? I can only get 6 oz premium Bakers brand white chocolate around here.Thanks in advance if anyone can help.
Yes, you can cover cakes with it. I do a crumb coat of buttercream first - then cover with the fondant.
Well - depends on the recipe. The WASC cake recipe bakes flat.
I just noticed the other day that Hobby Lobby sells Americolors now. If they have Electric Green maybe you can get it locally now.
Here's one I did: http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1205763I literally just cut a slice out after I had filled it and set it aside. I cut a cake circle to fit underneath - then iced it separately (I didn't use fondant, but it wouldn't matter) - then used a dowel rod to hold it up on the top of the other cake just like a regular tier.Because you're cutting the cake - you'll have that raw edge and need to chill the cake and then crumb...
I've done a one tier cake with fondant before with this recipe. It'll be fine.
Here's my first (and only so far) topsy turvy. http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1722493It was 8, 10, 12. As you can see, it almost fell over! I've never had a problem with dowelling before, but I guess the topsy turvy weight did me in - and I didn't even travel with it. Just from kitchen out to the deck. LOL It was for my niece and she loved it anyway - but I spent about an hour in the morning repairing it as best I could. Be...
Wish I could help - but sending good thoughts your way!!
Those cakes are gorgeous and look and sound delicious! Now no decorating stress - you can just focus on super yummy!