Posts by pinktea

Maybe I am late to the dance but when did Walmart start carrying Fondarific?  I was in my local store last night and lo and behold, Fondarific was on the shelf in the backing section
Thanks CakeWitch.  I did find a shop that I have fell in love with on ETSY.  They have all the Disney and fashion  logo's ie, MK , Louboutin, Coach and Polo.  They even have the Nike  "jumpman" ( the Michael Jordan logo on all the shoes) that I just paid someone else to do for my son's birthday cake yesterday.  I could kick myself. :( I have asked could they do a 2" custom for me. Hopefully they can because the prices are good.   https://www.etsy.com/shop/JBCookieCutters
Actually it is an alphabet but it is needs to be custom because it is a logo with curves in it the letter.
 The size. I need the cutter to be about 2" .
I am looking for someone makes custom fondant cutters NOT cookie cutters.  I have a fondant design that needs to go on 4 dozen cupcakes.  Cutting them by hand would be a nightmare and my design would not be as clean.
Doing some research , per America's Test Kitchen, granulated sugar adds crunch while confectioners sugar adds tenderness. So using all confectioners sugar  made the cookies too "soft".   They have an ice box cookie recipe that combined both and the taste was wonderful but it spreaded badly even though it states it would not.  They also have a recipe called "holiday cookies" that requires superfine sugar that was made by pulsing granulated sugar  in a food processor.  I...
I got it from a cookie blog. I did not want to post the link but this is a copy of the recipe which I followed to a tee. She said the dough did not require chilling however it was WAY too stick to use without it. I did a sample using the dough without chilling , with alot of flouring the surface, and a sample after chilling. The results where the same , powdery and bland. The best way to describe it would be melting in your mouth- soft. Ingredients 1 c. {two sticks}...
NFSC has always been my go to recipe when making cookies. I ran across a recipe that used confectioners sugar instead of granulated sugar and thought I'd give it a try. The cookies did not spread , which was a good thing but the taste was powdery, soft and bland. Has anyone else had those results with this type recipe?
Has anyone purchased Carolyn Wanke's Cowboy Boots kit ? They were featured in the January 2008 ICES newsletter. I would like to know your thoughts before paying 225.00 for the kit.
I signed up for JoAnn's on Facebook. I recieved a post yesterday for an unadvertised three day sale on Cricut products. The after Thanksgiving promo for the Mini was 99.00. I got the Mini yesterday for 79.00. They did not have any Cricuts on the floor, it appeared they where sold out. I asked for a manager and gave her the printout of the post from Facebook, she went to the stockroom and gave me one. The large one was also on sale.