Posts by Rochelle1

Tried Dorie Greenspan Perfect Party cake to make the Wilton soccer cake pan. I bake the cake between 160 and 175 and both times it did not rise well in middle and cake became very brown and dry on the outside because of how long it had to bake. I think the soccer pan is deep. It holds the entire recipe at once so I need to bake 2 times the recipe to get the two halves to put together to create the sphere. I want a moist light cake not heavy and dense, but it needs to...
Ah thanks for the info I will make your suggestions and see.
Someone requested a lava wedding cake. Can a Lava cake stand up to a wedding cake decorating? I guess it definitely wont be a tier cake as can't run supporting rods through it. What type of icing would you suggest. Do I have to worry about the distance to deliver? What about heat we are in a tropical Country.
About 1/4 in size and has a really great sparkle?
I make chiffon cake for my regular birthday cake and my clients love it. But it does not hold up well for carving cakes like a handbag cake. Want to use a firmer cake but I have always thought pound cakes are too dry. Can you recommend a good cake for carving which is moist and tender but holds up well to carving?
Was it a red velvet cake? Let me explain clearer. The red velvet cake fell it did not shrink. The batter start to rise then it drops into a doughy mass in the middle and does not raise. The sides are fine. I am wondering if the temperature of the oven is too high? Or maybe I just should not bake so much batter in the ball pan? I baked it at 175-180C same temperature I would have the layered cake pans and cup cakes. I baked it for 1 hour and some minutes and it still...
I have a great red velvet cake recipe that I got here. It bakes wonderful in layered pans or in cup cake. But I need to make a belly cake and tried baking it in the wilton foot ball pan. I spoilt it twice already and really don't wish to deal with it again. Any suggestion at what to do? I really was trying to avoid carving. I don't find it easy to do and it takes more cake to carve. Already I am making no profit now. How can I bake a deep cake in red velvet and...
Thanks for trying to help every one. I will just delete the post till I can find a Link .
I can't get it to upload is there a size limit? I browse and select it and pressed add attachment and nothing. I even decreased the size
Someone wants me to do this cake. I have been trying to figure out my way around it. It does not look as if it were covered twice which is what I would do. I would do it once to flat base in fondant and leave the front crease. Then I would more than likely drape Fondant and Gumpaste mix going back on each side, to get the folds, but then I am concern about the top cake. It may look rough and untidy on the top as there is no cake to hide the tucks and folds.Any idea how...