Posts by pampered

Hi,I worked in a Bakery for a year and did wedding cakes.The cake always had to be paid IN ADVANCE. She signed a contract so she needs to pay you. I think this sounds like a mother of the bride that is not going to be happy no matter how the cake looks like. I've dealt with those before so be prepared for her to complain afterwards just to get some money back. I could be wrong but this sent my blood running hot when I saw your post. Just be forwarned! Let us know how it...
Hi Joanne,Welcome to the cookie forum. I have been around on the cake forums but this is my 1st day checking out this end of the site!!Pampered
Hi Everyone,Well, Since Thursday was my last day of working for the Bakery I came home and put on my thinking cap!! I wanted to still do something that I could use my cake decorating knowledge on but I also wanted a break from doing cakes. Alas came the idea of trying to do some cookie decorating!! I have heard about the cookie bouquets but never tried them before. I made one for a friends daughter who needed emergency surgery this weekend and made another one for my...
Hi Sunny,Thanks for the compliment on my cake. The cake that caused my customer to get so mad at me for is not in my photo album. It was a communion cake for a young man and I grabbed a girl statue instead of a boy statue for the cake. I admit I made a mistake and quickly went down to the bakery to try and fix it.
Hi Everyone,Thanks for the kind words. Well my carpet is dry today so I guess I'll start putting the fish tank back together!!It's a new setup only 6 months old and I had the filter checked yesterday and there was no problem with it.Mystery yet what actually happened. My granddaughter (5yr 0ld) told me that maybe the fish were having a spitting contest!!! As far as my cake problem I guess I'll go to work on Tuesday and hopefully it will be a better week. Life is to short...
Hi Everyone,Well I took a bakery job almost a year ago at our small bakery in town.I entered without any experience just my 3 wilton classes. Well I've had my ups and downs this past year! most customers are very happy and a few have been very upset!! Maybe I'm just really tired today and taking things to hard. This week was a busy week. I had 12 cakes plus a wedding cake due for Saturday. Well I got all the cakes done after working all day on them. I woke up this morning...
HI,I also have very bad handwriting. I work in a small Bakery and I'm lucky since they have a kopykake machine. It' like an overhead machine that shines designs onto the cake to trace. Well I just print out the sayings on my computer and print them out. Then I stick them in the kopykake machine and just trace the lettering.
Hi,I'm so sorry this happened to you. I have only done a few wedding cakes myself and know the feeling of a falling cake! My first cake almost fell also. The cooks that were in the kitchen unassembled the cake when they noticed it shifting. It was after that cake that I talked the bakery that I work at to buy a different cake system. I bought my cake stand from http://www.cakestands.com/It does not use dowels and the pillars go right into the cake. It's all I will use now....
Hi,First off I'm so very sorry for your loss. I lost my brother also almost 2 yrs ago at the young at of 42. He was in a boating accident and we never recovered his body. I know first hand what kind of loss you are going through.I'm sure your brother was right by your side as you were decorating and singing and very proud of the wonderful cake you made in his memory. I will keep your family in my prayers and thoughts. Your brother will always be with you in your heart!
O.K.Sounds like we have the single action type by your response here. I might have to look into the different types of airbrushes.