Posts by Vmoore

I've done the research too (although I haven't looked TOO deeply into the subject ) and I'd love to know the rules for New York City. I live in Queens county so maybe the rules are different from Manhattan--who knows?!
If you check my photos, you can see a picture of a cake I made with a fondant guitar --I piped black strings of BC on top. I used a #1 tip, but you could try a .5 tip if you have one (or a very tiny parachment opening). Good luck
Okay, so I tried the Twinkie Filling recipe from CC and here's what I found...The consistency is stretchy, like Eme describes, and doesn't spread well, since it sort of "bounces back" from the cake. I'm not crazy about the flavor--it kinda does taste like Twinkies, but I'm not really wild about Twinkies, so I'm not a good judge.My next step is to try the 7-minute frosting that Theresa wrote about in her post. I'm also going to try the Woman's Day recipe (thanks kdkamp)....
Oh Theresa, thank you for that! I am making a cake for a new customer and she requested this for both the filling AND the frosting. I told her that the decorations would be in BC, since I will not commit to being able to decorate with marshmallow! This is a big cake (3-tiers for 80 people) so I am scared by the notion of all the icing melting off the sides! I think I'll have a chat with her again to see if I can sway her to the 7-minute filling, with BC icing.I always know...
I love almost all the recipes from The Cake Mix Doctor cookbook. I especially love the "Better than ?? Chocolate Cake", since it always gets "oh my gawd this is so good" reviews!All of the basic recipes in that book are terrific. Unlike other recipes that call for extra oil or butter, these recipes are not oily -- more like moist from pudding. Many of the recipes include sour cream, which lends a very homemade taste to the finished cake.Also, I used to use Pillsbury mixes,...
Thanks! I agree that marshmallow things are too sweet for me, but you know, the customer is always right Since I have some time before the cake is due, I'm going to try some varieties. I'll post back with my results.
I'm making a 3-tier cake next month and the customer has requested marshmallow frosting (not fondant) and filling for all three layers. I'm not familiar with this frosting, but I found a few recipes here on CC (the twinkie filling recipe sounds yummy). Can anyone out there tell me if marshmallow frosting crusts like BC? I'm pretty nuts about having smooth BC and would hate to get into a spot where the marshmallow frosting won't crust!If you have a favorite marshmallow...
I use the Favorites kinda like a concept board -- whenever I have a new cake and need ideas, I go through the galleries saving pics that might apply to my design. For example, when I did a Baby Einstein cake, I saved about 10 Baby Einstein cakes to faves. After I finally made the cake, I deleted them. I also have cakes saved that I just love and hope to replicate someday, like some really cool stringwork (which I basically stink at doing). Someday! Someday!
What a dream come true! Congratulations on being recognized for your talent! I agree that $25 seems reasonable. Be sure to keep us posted on your decision!
Of course you can't see the caterpillar because I forgot to upload the picture!Sorry