Posts by texaskitty

That sounds really good. We always just use cream cheese icing on our banana cakes
I think I finished the book sometime around 5 am Sunday morning then had to get some sleep, lol.
I am so sorry that you are having a bad experience with your classes. Having a good instructor makes all the difference. You should have learned most of those things in your first 2 classes. It might be worth it just to drive across town for the classes. My instructor for course 1 was great. There wasn't enough room in the class to seat everyone, but she still made sure everyone got a little one on one time. I had to take courses 2 and 3 somewhere else because of the...
It really does suck having to move so much, but it does say good things about your husband that they are moving him around. I used to be an assistant manager at a theater and we went through several managers in the year that I was there. The bad ones were very short lived and the good ones were always moved to bigger and better things. It really does say a lot that he was moved to a brand new theater. My guess would be that he will be there for a while unless he gets...
My dad is german and we make hartsorns every year. The smell of the baking ammonia is strong when you bake the cookies, but once they are cooked, you can't taste it at all. It is hard to find here in the south, but you can find it at some drug stores. We usually have to contact our family in New York and have them mail some to us. Hartsorns are almost biscuit like with a little sweetness, but not a lot. It is the icing you put on the cookies that makes it a little...
My mother and I took the classes together about a year ago. Since then we have made all of our cakes together. We love spending the time together and being creative together. We also recently found out that my mother has leukemia so that makes the time we spend together even more precious. If it wasn't for my mother asking me to take the classes with her I wouldn't have found this hobby that I truly love doing, and one of the few things that my mother and I can do...
My mother and I hve used the CCC recipe from this site a few times. We never had any problems with it crusting or smoothing it.This cake was frosted with CCC.
Irfanview is also a very easy program to use and it is also free. There are many sites that offer this download, you can just search "irfanview download" and choose from one of the many sites. I think I got it from download.com.
Yes, it is the opposite of a FBCT.
When you are doing color flow pieces the side that is against the piece of wax paper should be the back side of the piece.