Posts by mikaza

Does anybody have a recipe for a cake from scratch that tastes like Duncan Hines Lemon Supreme cake mix?Thanks!!
I was worried that painting was the only answer. I'll try that piping bag technique.THANKS!!
I'm making a bollywood cake, and I'd like to pipe around the fondant designs with gold icing...I have luster dust, can I just mix it in, or is there a better way?Thanks!
I'm making a bollywood cake, and I'd like to pipe around the fondant designs with gold icing...I have luster dust, can I just mix it in, or is there a better way?Thanks!
Thanks! I think I've given up on the open jaw...I don't have time to build a good structure--and this cake needs to be transported over an hour in the car!!I'm gonna try with the airbrushing!
It's been a while...anybody remember me?Anyway, I volunteered to make a 9 ft alligator cake. (When I volunteered, I thought it was a 3 foot cake...ooops!).I'd like to try 2 new (to me) techniques.1. Airbrushing2. Giving the gator an open jawI've never done either.Tips? Tutorials? THANKS!!
Thanks for the info--and links to great forums! My husband and I spent much of the night thinking and calculating, and we decided we are going to have to pass on this opportuynity right now--we had to make a decision and come up with the money within a week, and its just not a smart thing for us to do under such constraints!I am going to talk to the building owner about letting me stay involved with whomever comes in--perhaps I can partner OR even better, convince them to...
Hello thereThe ultimate opportunity may have just fallen in my lap! The building I work in was putting in a coffee shop, to be run by an independent business. Well, that business pulled out--with the shop about 6 weeks away from completion (new construction!).I have been approached about taking over the space to turn into a coffee shop/bakery--but I have to make some decisions and QUICK. Of course thats the worst way to make any decisions!So, I know what it will cost me to...
Hello,Does anybody have pointers on shipping cakes (especially decorated cakes) and cookies (especially those dipped in chocolate)?Thanks!
Well for any of you that may have been following this thread--the latke cake was a DISASTER. It looked like a big hairy pile of...you know what! It is the first cake I have ever just thrown out--I didnt even want to keep it around to nibble or turn into cake balls! On the up side--the rice krispie treat pans turned out AWESOME and I cant wait to get another opportunity to play with that technique!And, I had desserts leftoever from a holiday party I had done, so I showed up...