Posts by srkmilklady

Thanks everyone for your input...it is greatly appreciated!
I generally prefer to make my own gumpaste flowers and decor but wondered has anyone used the pre-made and if so, what do you think of the product? (I've seen the Caljava flowers in particular and am wondering about their quality.)Thanks....
Agreed Godot....and yes, thanks Jackie for these recent issue fixes. Hopefully, the older issues regarding the recipe section will be on the fix-it list soon. After reporting the issue several months ago, I still can't save any favorite recipes or find the ones that I did have saved.....
This whole site is becoming too much work lately. Very time consuming especially when you need some info quickly. In one section I'm logged in, then when I go somewhere else, I'm not logged in anymore. The error messages are becoming an everyday event that I'm just not interested in anymore. If I can't go to the part of the site I need to go to, I am just going to say....forget it! And that is sad, because I love this site for all it has to offer....when it's working...
This chart might be of some help. If you're looking for 5 tiers, maybe using dummies for a couple of tiers might be an idea?http://www.cakeinaboxco.com/wedding-cake-serving-chart.htmlThis is another chart that might be helpful...Good luck...
I have recently been using the "Upside Down Frosting Method" and have found I can do a bit better job that way with smooth tops, crisp edges and a better round shape top. I even used it on my latest heart shaped cake and it came out pretty good. I still need a little more practice, but I love this method...so far it seems to be what is working the best for me. But as mentioned, you have to try different ways and find out what tools and methods work for you.Good luck!In...
My daughter's favorite flavor is WASC made with French Vanilla cake mix and I use only Almond flavoring when I make it. It is delicious!
While talking about "piping a dam", I have another question...Rae or Christina or whoever can help. I have switched my BC to IMBC primarily now. So because it is a softer BC can it still be used for a dam? When I took classes or if I watch Sharon Zambito's DVD, I was taught that the dam had to be THICK to do what it is supposed to do....contain the filling. But IMBC isn't that thick...is there a solution to this? I'm a little confused...
Uline has corrugated boxes in whatever size you want, but you have to order 25 of the same size. So if you have a size that would work for most of your cakes, they have pretty good prices. They have 12 x 12 x 10 right now on sale .... 69 cents each x 25 boxes plus shipping.Hope that helps !
If you "google" NAME PLATE CLIP ART several shapes will come up that you can print.