Posts by kello

I've used the wasc recipe or the cake mix extender recipe - substitute the white sugar for brown sugar and fold in choc. chips in the end. Tasted great.
I'm going to try the doctored mix tomorrow. I sure hope it doesn't drop. I'll let you all know what happens.....
Here in Canada, I just bought some Devil's Food last week and there is no change at all in the front or back except the water called for is now 1 1/4cups and the baking time has dropped by a few mins. Definitely not happy about the lesser volume of cake now!The box is about 1/2" shorter and went from 510g to 432g.Oh, I just noticed that the new one now says "Devil's Food Flavour" wth?? The old one just said "Devi's Food - Chocolate"Looking at the ingredients, they are...
Hi tsal....I feel exactly like you do!!! I do cakes a little more frequent, but I'm beginning to hate the bake and prep stuff. I just recently started making fondant and icing on one day and storing that well and then a day of baking. I usually do all this a week ahead if I can. I do feel a little better about decorating day. Especially if I can get other things for the cake (ie figures, cake board, flowers, etc...) done a few days ahead as well. But still, if you...
Thank you all. That would explain the more yellow tint to French vanilla.Chasey - may I ask were you get Davinci French Vanilla coffee syrup? It sounds wonderful. As well as trying a French vanilla extract. YUM!
I worked pretty hard on this one. I couldn't get the painted roses they way I wanted, as the color kept bleeding into the fondant/gumpaste.http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2096946
Is there a real difference? If so, what is the difference between the two? I have a request for "French vanilla"I have seen it in ice cream as well.....French seems more yellowish.
I too would love to know this!! Many times I have needed one. I used the Americolor bright white and a small paint brush and worked fine....not fabulous, but it did the job. You might have to go over it a second time though if you are painting on a dark color.
Do you HAVE to put it in the fridge? Is your filling perishable? If it isn't, just leave it out, no need to refrigerate.
I use piping gel sometimes on my images. I am afraid of the water...