Posts by goal4me

Just had the same problem last night with Satin Ice rolled fondant...wrinkly and bulging!?!?! Striped it off and finished with buttercream.
Not sure if you can place a gumpaste decoration in the fridge???If you can what type of covering if any should be in place (aluminum foil, saran, wax paper, cake box?Any assistance would be appreciated.Also...I was planning on seperately the gumpaste decoration from the frosting by applying royal icing to the underside of the decoation to keep it from softerning...does that sound ok??ThanksMary Jane
thanks for your assist!
I'm making a cake for net weekend.There will be a large gumpaste wave on top of the cake with a surferinside the "curl".The lady ordering would like whip cream frosting.Questions:1. Will the whip cream frosting breakdown the gumpaste structure if the cake is place in the fridge?2. Should I place clear contact paper under the gumpaste structure oruse Pastry Pride and keep the cake at room temperature?Thanks for any assistance.Mary Jane
I am looking at general liability insurance also. Got 4 quotes in the $875- $1500 range and then when I told them I could get insurance through a Personal Chef program and maintain that for $300.... and that I didn't want coverage included for my kitchen and supplies.... the quotes changed to$350 no deductable and another $281 with $250 deductableboth 1 mil per incident 2 mil life of policy, one had 10k medical included the other $5k. You can pm me if you want further...
I recently read that eggs age much faster out of refridgeration and you can use a refridgerated egg 3 weeks past the expiration date. I had heard some of the science experiments before and tried the one of placing an egg in a glass of water one just last week. The carton expiration date was 6 months ago and the egg sunk?!?!?! I threw the carton out...In the fridge it is best to keep them in the inside of the fridge rather than the door as the main portion of the fridge...
OMGosh it doesn't even give a clue on how the dang tail is gonna get attached
Time to do the Happy Dance!!! you are paid in full ahead of schedule.... Enjo making the cake....
I'd be interested in staying in touch with others that are wanting to lose weight!!! Sounds like many of us are ready for the challenge!
There a couple of alternatives you might consider: 1. Make the wedding cake they want using dummy cakes decorated with royal icing and serve homemade sheet cakes with the flavors they like out of the recption kitchen. 2. Go up to their place a few days early and frost and decorate the cakes there. Just a suggestion...