Posts by Cassie6140

Hmmn, that sounds logical doesn't it? Thanks for your response.
I'm desperate, there has to be help out here somewhere. I've switched from regular sized chocolate chips to the minis when I make my chocolate chip cake. I sprinkle flour on them before I add them to the batter. (I swirl them into the batter) then bake. When the cake is removed from the pan, the chips are all on the bottom. What am I doing wrong? Please help, I'm at my wit's end. TIA
I did not see the show, but I'll catch it "On Demand". My parents married in 1927, (we are Italian Americans), and they did have doves in their cake. It was very common at the time, Buddy is right about that - it was an Old World Tradition. That was then and this is now. I'm would bet that Buddy handled it sanitarily.
Well, I did bake the cake over. It turned out just fine. I did bake it longer. Oh, first time, I bake it at 350 for 60 minutes. I used the Wilton 1/4 sheet pan. I wanted to try the 325 temp (exactly what was recommended by the Wilton Instructor I had two or three years ago). I didn't, I kept it at 350 and used a heating core that I had never taken out of the cardboard packaging (I had it for at least a year and never used it). The instructions said to fill half...
I guess I knew someone would respond to start over. I guess I just didn't want to hear it, but it is for the best. I'll begin now (have a core, just didn't use it - uggh). Thank you for responding.
I tested my cake a few times before I took it out of the oven. It tested "done". After sitting for a while, it fell (somewhat off of the center - it is a 9x13x2 pan). It is for my daughter's engagement party on Sunday. Can I rebake it say for 10 more minutes or must I start all over? Oh forgot to mention, where it fell, it's now NOT DONE. I can't begin to tell you how upset I am.
Hi Vicki, Yes, thank you so, so much. That is exactly what I was looking for. My daughter is getting married in August, and I will be making her "shower cake". I appreciate your sharing so much. Cassie
There are many, many beautiful bridal shower cakes with a bridal dress, made of fondant, on top. Will someone share how the folds are made in the dress? Could it be a large piece of rolled fondant with something underneath to cause it to fold? Some of them are folded flat, have you seen them, do you know what I mean. I would love to know how that is done. It kind of looks like trianges. Thanks so much.
Wow, that website says it all. The pictures are easy to follow, although I do have a very good friend who was born in Germany. She'll get a kick out of translating the article for me.I knew, I knew someone would help me. Thank you so much!
I've seen bows with a different color on its edges. Sometimes it picks up the color from a border perhaps. Anyway, how in the world is that done? Anticipating a reply. Thanks