Posts by IamSusie

Well - I went to epinions.com and didn't find anything. I bit the bullet based on other threads here on CC and bought two - yes two. I used them for the first time Friday and love them. They come w/enclosed pouring shield so no dust fly up and are just as efficient as my KA's. The bowls are 5qt so they are smaller than the KA Professional 6 but the same size as my other KA...not a big deal.There is another thread on these mixers somewhere on CC you should check out.
I bake one day...decorate the next.For my cake batter I've eliminated the need for the big measuring bowl that just needs to be washed by using my digital food scale instead. I took one day to convert the amount of batter I would need for each pan into ounces. Now I simply put my pans on my digital scale and pour the batter directly from the mixer to the pan. Saves me the hassle of cleaning a large measuring bowl and eliminates the time it takes to measure it out and...
I just saw the same ad and was wondering the same thing! I have a KA 325 and Professional 600. I like the KA's but my Prof 6 is in my opinion loud...of course I would never part w/it! If I find any good info I'll reply back. epinions.com offers some good consumer opions/ratings.
My 07/07/07 Bride canceled on me... she said the groom "called the wedding off 2 days before the wedding". I feel sorry for her and was wondering how many of these "magic" weddings fell through?
I started doing cakes my senior year of high school...cake decorating was an elective class at my school and so since I already had all my credits and knew my family couldn't afford college I decided to take the "fluff" course during my 1/2 days required. I must say that it was the best class I have ever taken and still use 25 years later! I quit decorating to put myself through college and work full-time. I picked it up again 7 years ago when I went into "early...
Thanks for all the info...I'll give it a try and see what happens!
Ok..I searched around the forums for this but didn't come up with anything...This is probably the stupidest question but....Can you airbrush modeling chocolate or do I have to just tint it first and shape it? I've got to make two hands coming out of a cake holding a Medicaid card and an AARP card. I haven't worked with candy clay before so this would be my first experience...nothing like taking on too much too fast! Any other suggestions on what I should use beside the...
PLZ! I need your advice on what's the best way to cover a square cake w/fondant. I've covered a round before but how are the corners on a square tier managed - what happens to all the excess and how do I make it look like a package and not a glob of fondant? I know you guys are experts - please tell me your secrets. Thanks
I'm contemplating this one and really need your opinions... I've got a two-tier shower cake for Sunday 11am delivery. I MUST be somewhere all day and night Saturday and was planning on making and refrigerating the cake Friday. Now my customer wants fresh strawberries and fresh banana fillings...Are my strawberries and bananas going to be mush by the time I delivery on Sunday if I make on Friday and refrigerate? Suggestions?Thanks!
I keep a sink of hot soapy water and fill up that dishwasher. I've found that a quick rinse in hot soapy water with a scrubbing sponge quickly removes the excess frosting/grease enough to go into that dishwasher for a quick clean. I also clean as I go by keeping that garbage can drawer open...that way I don't have tons of stuff laying around and I can actually see my countertop. I do the canning jar of hot water method for my tips with soapy water and then use the mesh...