Posts by ckkerber

This was a CK brand edible image (according to the cake shop) and this was not thin at all. I could peel it off of the backing and roll it up like a straw and then unroll it again with no fear of it tearing - it was that thick. I think it just must be a cheap, crappy brand of EI or something. Seriously, I had placed a couple of images on top of the cake and six hours later, decided to change one of them and it peeled right off in one piece with no mark on the...
I'm using EI's for the first time. I made a baby shower cake yesterday and it's a scrapbook theme so I had an EI made of scrapbooking paper and completely wrapped the ides of the cake, then used a few on top. The EI's were made at a cake store nearby. A few hours after the cake was done I wanted to swap out one of the images and figured I'd have to scrape off the buttercream to get the image off, patch it, and add the second image. I was totally surprised to find that...
I have a great recipe for sugar cookies that I found on allrecipes.com . They start softer and stay softer longer than other recipes and they're YUMMY! I don't add the nutmeg as to me, that makes them taste too seasonal. Here's a link:http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Soft-Sugar-Cookies-V/Detail.aspx
For the cake balls, how far in advance could you make them? As long as we're sharing these ideas . . . I'd love it if everyone shared their packaging ideas, too (what you use to box everything up, where you get it, etc . . . )Thanks!
ooh . . . chocolate covered brownie bites . . . dumb question but would that just be bite sized pieces of brownie dipped in chocolate or do you do something special?Love this thread - we own a commercial stable and last year, I made cookies for all of our boarders / lesson students but as it was our first year in business, that only meant about 20 packages. This year, I'd have well over 70 to make so I'm looking for easy ideas, too, especially make-ahead ones!Did I...
Michelle,I'm in the Ballwin / Wildwood area - I haven't bought Bettercreme but I do know there's a SYSCO food service in St. Charles (636)940-9230 that carries Rich's Bettercreme. I don't know if they sell to individuals or if you have to buy in bulk but it would be worth a phone call to find out! You could try calling Kitchen Conservatory on Clayton Rd. not far from the Galleria (314) 862-2665 or Karen Anne's on Gravois Rd. (314) 842-0886 to see if they carry it -...
This isn't a filling suggestion - but to heighten the flavor, adding coffee or espresso powder really helps!
chocolate transfers are SO easy and you can make them look however you like! I did a small 6" Tinkerbell cake for my niece with Tink coming out of a flower - any image you can find of Tinkerbell, you can do a CT of it. It's simply a matter of melting down colored chocolate and using icing bags to trace the image onto waxed paper (or I prefer to use acetate as it's shinier and makes your finished image shinier). Check out the CT's in my photos - they're so easy and I...
You could do a Chocolate Transfer Tinkerbell - that way you don't have to use a doll and you can dress her up however you'd like to!
you can add just about any flavor LorAnn oil to it for flavoring. I've also added a couple of tablespoons of Bailey's Irish Cream when I was making cookies for my mom and wanted that flavor. There's so much you can do!