Posts by chrysb

I work for a Walmart bakery, and we use whipped icing, better known as Bettercream, every day. The problems we have are... 1. You can only leave it out of refrigeration, for 15 mins at a time, or it starts to break down, and does not keep a smooth appearence. 2.Icing sheets break down, because the icing sheets, sucks moisture out of the icing, and the sheets get wet, and tear easy. 3.If you airbrush the cake, the icing sucks the color up. Colors become pastel...
Does any one know where I can find the recipe for Archway anise cookies?The ones with the pink and white frosting. I saw it in a Examiner magazine. (I think it was), but lost the paper. Thanks for any help you can give me.Chrysb
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. Chrysb
I need to make a lot of black frosting, for 2 tiers of a 3 tiered cake. What is the best type of coloring for this. Paste or gel. I have used paste for years, but wondered if gel would be better and faster. I need to make the cake in just 2 weeks. Help Please!!!! Chrysb
I made a 12 X 15 sheet out of DH Devil's food for my dh a couple of weeks ago. The only problem I had, was when I left it on the table, and came back a while later, it was a lot smaller than when I started. My 2 boxers had ate almost half of it. I had to start over again. 2nd one came out ok. Chrysb
According to the Wilton cake guide it should. An 8" serves 25 and a 10" 39.So depending on how large they cut the peices, should be no problem. Hope this helps. Chrysb
My grandson would love this cake. He loves the wiggles. Chrysb
banana custard , chocolate frosting. Chrysb
banana custard , chocolate frosting. Chrysb
I went to a baby shower and my girlfriend made cup cakes to look like bassinets. in different pastel colors. They where very cute. Chrysb