Posts by nolee

Well\\, the cake is assembled. My local Michaels is out of Wiltons flower picks So I will likely wrap in foil. I have to leave with the cake by 12:30, so I wont be applying the flowers until just before then. I will post photos once it is complete! Thanks for the help everyone!
Thanks so much for the replies! Unfortunately its too late to in the evening to find the Wiltons flower picks or that would've been a good solution. I have to ask, with regards to wrapping the stem in foil, do I insert the Flower & foil directly into the cake? The foil wont give the cake a "tinny" taste will it?Thanks again!
Hey everyone!I'm panicking beyond belief right now. I am working on a wedding cake for tomorrow (Aug 13) and guess what I did this morning. I tripped while carrying my container of gumpaste flowers and smashed them everywhere! Have no time to make new ones, fortunately I'm doing this for a friend who was very understanding and is willing to accept fresh flowers in lieu of the gumpaste flowers.I'm so incredibly stressed over this I'd like to crawl into a hole and die at the...
I've received a last minute request for a wedding cake in a couple of weeks, and they'd like gumpaste sunflowers on the cake. I definately do not have the time to make proper gumpaste sunflowers on short notice so I was going to purchase some and put together a nice large spray. I've checked out mccalls, and petra international websites and havent found anyone who makes gumpaste sunflowers. Can anyone think of anywhere in Ontario that sells premade gumpaste sunflowers?!?!...
Not to steer the thread back in the wrong direction, but in Ontario we don't use a food stamp program. Those on welfare (now called "Ontario Works" because welfare had such a bad name) receive a basic monthly allowance which isn't really governed in any way, they spend it as they wish. Although they're supposed to spend it on rent, food, clothing etc, they're not required (at least not to my knowledge) to show proof of spending on anything. One program we do have which is...
The most I've ever paid for an edible image at a grocery store is $10
call around to local supermarkets or bakeries. Most of them have edible image printers and will print your images for you for a nominal charge.
This girl sounds quite vibrant and unique. I would try and capture that in the cake. You could do the top tier in 3d ball pan and decorate it as a basketball, the bottom tier could be done with pink, orange and green funky flowers, and then make the DS and MP3 out of gumpaste as you were planning. If you have or have access to an edible image printer, see if you can get a couple photos of her and her friends or Taylor swift and scale them down to those mini polaroid joy...
thanks so much for all the help, the cake turned out perfectly and my KA bowl survived! I'll post photos shortly! Thanks again
I was thinking that rather than a makeshift heating core, I would only fill the bowl partially and then bake a 6" as well. Thanks soooo much for your reply, so glad to know that someone's actually tried it! I was so worried for the sake of my mixer...lol sad, but true!