Posts by 4Gifts4Lisa

I have been SOOOOO wishing for a Cake Central App...
And the first thing that jumps into my mind (even though I know reality shows are misleading) is the infamous Cake Boss episode where the bride trashes the cake, and he responds to this behavior by rewarding her with another cake. Perhaps this is where brides get their entitlement status...
Just tell him *he's* been spelling it wrong all these years...problem solved! LOL!
I loved this thread...because I learned alot!!!OP...doesn't look like any malice on your friend's part...probably embarrassment! If I dropped a cake a friend had spent so much time and love on I am sure I would NOT say anything to her...and then if someone else posted I might be tempted to fudge the truth. If put on the spot, I think I'd say something along the lines of, "OH! After all your hard work I hoped you'd never find out about the accident! We were so thankful for...
I agree, leah_s. I converted awhile ago after hearing your acolades. I transport fully decorated up to 60 minutes away (hobbyist, mainly). The last transport was a 60 minute drive in hot weather...I kept chanting to myself "leah never had a problem.." LOL I will never look back...
Used to use corn syrup, but after seeing a demo at ICES last year I now use a little smear of shortening. I'm too uncoordinated to do it right out of the oven...
I just did a cake for our best friend's wedding, where I was also the officiant. It was really no big issue...the cake was finished the day before, and I delivered it assembled. All went well!
I didn't get a "reply" notice and thought y'all had ignored me...LOL...thanks for the suggestions!As for my recipe...I really should write it down. I typically just doctor up a cake mix...something like the durable 3D, and toss in some culinary lavender, about 2T. I guess it would go something like:1 box cake mix with pudding, white3 eggs1/2 cup oil1 cup sour creamsome vanilla...I just squirt it in b.c you can never have too muchabout 2T lavender...I bought it at health...
I'm at a loss. I make lavender flavored cupcakes and top with lavender buttercream. A friend really likes them, and wants a lavender wedding cake. All fine and good, but I really think it should have a filling other than buttercream...any ideas on what fruit or flavor would pair well with it? The cake will be covered with fondant.
I know, I know...never underprice, but my daughter's school does an open house that is like a farmer's market. We make breads and butters and stuff from the garden that the kids have tended to all year. The herb bread baked in clay pots generally goes for about $6-10.This year I am making Lavender Cupcakes (they were a hit last year) and packaging them in individual cupcake boxes...also in a box of 4. I am also doing Rosemary Shortbread Cookies and packaging them singly...