Posts by jadak

I don't mind the ads that run at the top and on the sides of CC. However, I am wondering if there is any way to filter out the political ones? I am already SOOOOOO tired of political ads on TV and the radio and phone calls to my home! Seeing it here just makes me feel defeated....like I can't escape the insanity anywhere....even my "escape" place (CC). I don't know how the ads on here work, but I'd love it if we could NOT have to see the political ones.
Just found this thread and read the whole thing and now I need closure too. LOL I hope it went well for the OP.
Wow...that seems pretty nervy. I doubt her talent can compare to yours, so she's probably no competition.....unless she planned to undercut you price wise or something. Trying to do this from home as a business is tough, but everyone's gotta figure it out. I'm in Cincinnati too, and it NEVER occurred to me to do anything like that. I felt like a spy calling local bakeries for price points! LOLHey, maybe you could teach others how to set up/run successful home based cake...
I am truly sorry times are so trying right now. Maybe you could just put the business on the back burner for a while. You mentioned times are slow anyway. Maybe "close" for awhile and refer people to someone else... (I'm in Milford, but can't compare to you and your level of talent...I'm sure someone can.)Please keep your things if you have the space for them. You never know when you'll feel differently about all of this and you'd hate to have to start accummulating...
I'm not sure if this is for real or not, but I thought it was funny and had to share it.Cake pan for cake pan? --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Date: 2010-08-12, 5:06PM EDTReply to: sale-fnun3-1895411895@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Would like to trade a 9x13 cake pan for a 13x9 cake pan. E-mail me.
Sorry about the funeral. Wishing you good luck with the cake......can't wait to see the finished product. Your cakes are always so beautiful.
Debbie,Your photos are really good. You have a keen eye for colors and designs. Your work is clean and well done. I think you certainly could make a place for yourself in the world of cake decorating, and I think if it's a dream of yours, then you should pursue it if it is at all possible. If you can't do it professionally, I hope you'll keep at it as a hobby because I know your grandkids are going to have such awesome memories of the cool cakes their Grandma made for...
In my opinion, it is wise to post clear prices on a website. At a minimum, one should post price per serving. If I go to a website and there are no prices, I move onto the next site. No point in calling and spending time only to find out the prices are out of my range. And, if I have a budget, it doesn't matter how much I like the person I speak to. It all comes down to what I can and can't afford. So, that's from a consumer's prospective.I would think the baker would also...
WOW...people NEVER cease to amaze me. Can't wait to hear how she responds to your email.......and I think with her brazenness, she's SURE to respond.