Posts by fronklowes

I don't have my serving charts in front of me, so I'm not sure off the top of my head if the tier sizes will work, but I've seen many cakes with 4" between the tiers and they look fine. In fact, when I took cake decorating classes, they taught us that, ideally, there should be 4" between each tier size.
I've lived in Joplin, MO, for almost two years now.
You could also pipe lattice around the sides of the cake and put flowers on top...How about using the lyrics to the theme song for "Golden Girls"?:Thank you for being a friend...travel down the road and back again...your heart is true, you're a pal and a confidant....
...incorporate frogs into the design somehow?...use Leap or Lily from the LeapFrog series as a cake topper?...make the cake a calendar with her birthday "added" to the calendar, say something like "sorry we missed your birthday "?
Thanks ShirleyW! I just love that cake, but had no clue where I saw it.
Take a look at this link. http://www.wilton.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=3&threadid=89614&FTVAR_MSGDBTABLE=&STARTPAGE=1Cassandracakes recipe is wonderful and can be used as a base for many other different flavored cakes. If you read on in the thread, I've posted my chocolate and carrot cake versions, as well. These cakes always get rave reviews, and stack very nicely for wedding cakes. They also carve nicely.If you want to add a gourmet flavor to a cake easily, all...
Tips 221 (small dots) and 2020 (large dots) will both pipe three round dots in a triangular fashion for you. That way you don't have to pipe every dot individually. I listed the store I purchased mine from for you below. They are very nice and will mail them to you. The tips aren't very expensive at all, but boy do they save some time (and hand muscles)!Cake and Candy Connection 1415 N. Portland OKC, OK 73107 405-942-3232If you look in my cakes under "Stacia's wedding...
You might try this website: www.cuquisdesigns.comI just discovered it a few days ago, but they have a huge selection of textured rolling pins and sticks and their prices range from $5 on up, depending on the size you want. Anyway, if you ordered a bunch of items at the same time, you're shipping and handling wouldn't be too bad.Also, I've heard of people using playdough toys and textured placemats and tablecloths for textures. You might look at the hardware store,too,...
I ran across these directions for how to use the Ateco striper bags today and thought of you:Description: Use to pipe two different colors through one tube. Fill each half of the bag with the color you desire. Cut end and place in a re-usable bag with a coupler and desired tube already affixed.Hopefully, that will clear things up for you.
If you look in my pictures, "Kim's cake" has a moroccan feel to me. At any rate, it may give you some ideas.