Posts by trinh

Hi fellow cake decorators! I'm hating the new Crisco! I did a cake last night and today at work, the icing is sliding south, making ugly bulges at the bottom. I know it's the new Crisco that is the issue. I want to buy high-ratio shortening now but don't know where to buy in my area, any Rancho Cucamonga decorators out there that can give me a places to buy?Please help!KellyAlta Loma, CA
Thanks for the update, good to know! I know for sure all mixes aren't created equal! I love Pillsbury but the 'confetti' one is horrible. Happy baking!
You poor little thing, sorry! I'm a big fan of Pillsbury. I've never had issues with that box mix. Thats great your making them a freebe cake, they'll feel good about the wedding cake then. Good luck!
These are great posts! This helped me too! Thanks cake decorators!!
I want to make the Buttercream Dream icing recipe but want to know if I have to let the 2 sticks of butter sit out awhile before I mix up the ingrediants? if so, how long....Or just throw the butter in cold right from the fridge. Help! I want to make it tomorrow and really want to do it right!I will be using this to ice the cake and to decorate. How is this for decorating.....Thanks!!Kelly
I want to make the Buttercream Dream icing recipe but want to know if I have to let the 2 sticks of butter sit out awhile before I mix up the ingrediants? if so, how long....Or just throw the butter in cold right from the fridge. Help! I want to make it tomorrow and really want to do it right!I will be using this to ice the cake and to decorate. How is this for decorating.....Thanks!!Kelly
I can't wait to try this! It's hard to believe it crusts over. I hope so, love that butter!
I love Melvira's solution, freeze back up pies! Happy Thanksgiving! The day will fly by so fast, hang in there! Major holidays are so stressful huh?! Kelly
Good job sarge1!!! Thats great to know this is available!
Thanks Joanmary!!!! That was an awesome link. I love Cake Central! We're all nuts about decorating! Can't get enough!Thanks again,Kelly