Posts by flayvurdfun

I have been asked many times about these, so I thought I would post. Any questions contact me.....Happy Baking~Bubblegum buddiesBubblegum balls (small or large)Wax or parchment paperFlower nail (optional)Tips 1, 3, 7, 21 (most popular)Royal Icing (medium to thick consistency)Note: some people I know that do these do one at a time (hence the flower nail) my aunt just pulls a long sheet of paper out on the counter and does it like an assembly line. Its quicker, and easier...
Good Luck!!! I hope you get it....this economy is something else! My son has been looking for a job, his first, and no one will hire him because its his first. It seems like everyone wants experience but no one will help those get experience... but it looks like you won't have a problem! Let us know!
OK I deleted all the duplicate posts.... hopefully this duplicate storm is over? and for now.... I'm locking this so that the dups stop here for a bit... hopefully it's just this topic/General area?
I have kept cakes and cake scraps in freezer for a week or so, BUT in the fridge I am not sure...if it's wrapped in saran wrap or whatever you could possibly keep it for a couple of days..... sorry if this isnt helpful.
as said, it is what it is. People don't understand pricing and never will. They are so worried about saving a dollar that they don't look to a bakery to do their cake, knowing the prices there can be very expensive, so they look at other means... the homebaker or cake hobbyist as I am. Heck even I look at the prices for cakes and just shake my head how expensive they are custom or not, even buying at Sam's or Walmart...(I love them by the way) however, I still see 20...
I'm unlocking so OP can say her result.....
This thread is now locked by request of OP. This has gotten way off topic. Thank you.
Si podemos ayudar a que estamos aquí. Sólo preguntar.(If we can help you we are here. Just ask).
I have been in your shoes, and sure you can use condensed milk or a tres leches mixture to keep it moist, but the burnt taste will still remain... I tried several different things and the results always came out the same...my sons like to bake cakes and cupcakes and they get burnt etc, and I try to save it, but like I said the taste is still there...burnt tastes bad.... maybe someone else can tell you something else.....
Thank you so much! I'm worried about that too... I know the wedding cake I did in August was kind of heavy but I wasn't worried about it falling because I used a cake stand. I loved the look, now I love the look of that cake too but was wondering exactly what to do about the pillars. I've been lucky not having to use pillars I guess... I'm just terrified about the pillars and using them...