Posts by auzzi

http://camillestyles.com/entertaining-2/dreaming-of-a-stuffed-animal-birthday/
Relznik - how do you wet the under-layer ?  I use cold boiled water. By using a fine mister [I use a hairdresser's atomiser], it lays down a fine, complete cover for the top layer to adhere to... I don't marzipan, but I do do double layers of sugarpaste ...
If you wish to pronounce it as a french word, the -ache in ganache is pronounced -ash as in moustache, soutache, panache, gouache ..    Once anglicized, it depends on which English you speak ...
A range...
From their US website: Fondarific International Distributors: Australia Cake Decorating Central Castle Hill and Campbelltown NEW SOUTH WALES www.cakedecoratingcentral.com No re-badging ... Fondarific originates from Georgia, USA while Fondtastic originates from Canada. Fondtastic is vaguely mention in some CC posts in 2008, but that's all I could see ..
http://cakecentral.com/a/fabulous-faux-imbc
The two factors that affect butterfat colour are the genetic character of the cow and, then, the method of feeding.    As most Australia dairy herds are mostly Holstein Friesian, Jersey or Aussie Red, that are pasture-fed, you are out of luck - cream is cream-coloured ..
Is there any particular reason you want to use Poured Fondant ?   Poured fondant is rarely, if ever, used as a cake covering. It is a glaze rather than a frosting. It is more likely to be used for petit fours and smaller bakery items.    Woodland Bakery from its Blog uses it as a danish/pastry glaze, cookie icing or on petit fours. On the cake, it is an accent or decoration not the cake frosting.   If you do decide to use it as an icing for a larger cake, you will...
The alcohol should be something with flavour - a good port, sherry, Marsala, Muscat, rum, brandy, schnapps, or a mixture ..  Every two weeks, for twelve weeks, unwrap and douse with 1-2 oz alcohol, depending on cake size and thickness. After that time, any additional alcohol does not add to the fruitcake flavour. It is fully loaded and ready to go.  I'm currently dousing my Christmas cake with butterscotch schnapps - last year was marsala .. 
A Variation on NFSC 16 oz butter 500g 16 oz sugar 500g 2 eggs 3 ts pure vanilla extract 26 oz flour 750g * 2 ts baking powder [GF] 1/2 - 1 ts salt  Creaming method for cookies. Pat into disc. Cover with plastic and chill 30-60 mins. Roll on lightly dusted [GF] surface. Roll 1/4-3/8-inch [6-10mm] to cut. Notes: * if not using GF flour blend with gums, then add 3 1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum to flour mix. 1. amounts can be halved 2. metric and imperial are not...