Posts by auzzi

Try an Indian or asian supermarket ..
Penny’s Cookies from  Penny’s Pastries, Austin [from Texas Monthly - 6 July 2008]    BUTTER COOKIE DOUGH 1 cup salted butter 1 cup salted butter 1 cup granulated sugar 1 large egg 2 tablespoons whipping cream 2 tablespoons vanilla extract 1 teaspoon almond extract 3 cups unbleached flour 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a mixer combine butter and sugar. Add egg, cream, vanilla, and almond extract all at once and thoroughly blend. In a...
6-inch fruit cake is usually around 2 1/2 inches deep   ...When making tiered fruitcakes. the smaller cakes begin at 2 1/2 inches, and progress down to the larger cakes which can be 3-4-inches deep. Varying the depth balances the appearance of the tiers.
This question periodically comes up: from previous posts   Things to think of: 1. that much cocoa is supplying structure as well as taste to the completed product. Adding flour as a substitute for cocoa is also adding more gluten .. cocoa has no gluten. Gluten gives elasticity and strength to baked goods. But cake should be soft and light - that means not adding more gluten. Too much causes a tough, dry cake. 2. cocoa in a baked product is very drying - more liquid is...
What does your manual say about cake-baking ? can the convection be turned off ? That deep and that style of cake - I would say 1 1/4 to 1 3/4 hours ... 
http://camillestyles.com/entertaining-2/dreaming-of-a-stuffed-animal-birthday/
Relznik - how do you wet the under-layer ?  I use cold boiled water. By using a fine mister [I use a hairdresser's atomiser], it lays down a fine, complete cover for the top layer to adhere to... I don't marzipan, but I do do double layers of sugarpaste ...
If you wish to pronounce it as a french word, the -ache in ganache is pronounced -ash as in moustache, soutache, panache, gouache ..    Once anglicized, it depends on which English you speak ...
A range...
From their US website: Fondarific International Distributors: Australia Cake Decorating Central Castle Hill and Campbelltown NEW SOUTH WALES www.cakedecoratingcentral.com No re-badging ... Fondarific originates from Georgia, USA while Fondtastic originates from Canada. Fondtastic is vaguely mention in some CC posts in 2008, but that's all I could see ..