Posts by Monica_

Ah, thank you for pointing out the refill kits! I didn't even notice that. :OI emailed them to ask if the refill kits work for the Epson printers too by chance, even though they are listed under canon. Maybe I'll get lucky and the answer will be yes.
I am trying to figure out if I can realistically afford to get the equipment to do this stuff. I want to make edible photo cookies for her wedding favors. Has anybody used the Epson printer for this purpose before and do you feel like it works well. Also, $75 is listed here as the price for a batch of edible ink cartridges. That seems like a lot but I guess that depends on how far the cartridges go. I realize that what colors are dominate in the photo will have a lot to do...
Hello all! I am searching all over the net for strands of champagne colored pearls for decorating a cake. I can't even seem to find regular pearl strands for that matter, just edible pearls everywhere. I was hoping somebody might remember seeing these somewhere and can point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance!
Then I shall be sneaky and do the same!
Hey guys, just wondering if anybody had ever used fat free sour cream in doctoring cake mixes before. While I can always just buy the regular stuff if it won't work, I do already have a tub of fat free sour cream sitting in my fridge and would like to use it up if that's a possibility. Since I know that fat contents and consistancy can do wierd things to a cake though, I thought I'd check in to see if anybody had already test that out. Thanks for any help!
From one mommy to be to another:- The egg whites are NOT brought to a high enough temperature in the meringue based frostings to kill bacteria.- Pasturized eggs are eggs that have been exposed to heat on the outside so that only kills bacteria which might have been on the shell. It does not protect you from an egg which was produced by a sick chicken. - Powdered egg whites, or meringue powder, REALLY WORKS and they are 100% safe. Unfortunately it's not sold in the baking...
My recomendation is to just check the baking aisle of your store or where ever it is that regular powdered milk is kept. Then poke around and look for a cannister or box of specifically powdered buttermilk. The reason I opt for the powdered buttermilk is that it stays good for 6 months in the fridge. If you buy fresh buttermilk like in a bottle, it of course goes bad in a week or so. Most of us don't do enough baking to use up the entire amount of fresh buttermilk in a...
I start off by melting my marshmallows, water, extract, and shortening in the kitchenaid bowl itself sitting over a pot of boiling water (it basically acts as a double boiler). Then I only add the first couple of cups of powdered sugar and let that whip with the KA using the dough hook until smooth. For whatever reason, the first little bit of sugar has to be kneaded in for a long time until completely smooth and all the little powdered sugar balls are gone first before...
I will join you in admitting I am also a paper towel-aholic! Because the choose a size one's are so expensive around here, I have resorted to just trying to rip them in half when I pull one off and leave the other half for next time, if it's something I can use a smaller amount for. I go through rediculous amounts of the paper towels cleaning up after myself.
Wow, thanks a LOT for the info about the flat rate boxes. I shipped a care package of goodies and little pocket games to a friend when she was deployed a year ago. The shipping cost more than the contents of the box, lmao. So I appreciate that tidbit greatly!