Posts by aizuodangao

HI,I have seen confectioner's sugar in recipes. I haven't use this before. IS that called a different name in Australia? I have only seen icing sugar or icing mixture - could this be one of the other names for confectioner's sugar?what's the difference between the 2?
Hi Kylie,thanks for the tip. whoohoo! I did it. Your instructions on how to do this was very clear - here's the result. thanks so much! violet
Kylie and Nati,How do you get yur avatar photo up? I tried doing that by resizing my photo to really small till it is too rediculously small and yet it's still larger than 6kB!I would like to attach my cake photo, but how? need some advice. thanks*I placed my order via email and yet to hear from them to confirm my roder. Tried ringing, they are too busy to answer*violet
I can't thank all of you enough for the very useful info I ended up ordering everything from Bakery Sugarcraft because they are so friendly. I rang one of the big online stores in Melb but becuase they were very busy, the guy I spoke to, got impatient with me, didn't even say 'sorry' (did tell me they were busy and for me to ring back) and hung up. So, I decided not to order from them. It probably worked out better cause bakery Sugarcraft is in NSW and the postage would...
for buying fondant (any particular brand is good?), colour pastes and tools? Also, is writing pen (is this the right name?) available in Australia?I have only been to Iced Affairs in Camperdown (NSW) which is a great store but they are expensive; also, I don't drive so it was awkward having to carry a 3kg fondant etc back on the bus. I'd rather order online (or ring to place an order) and get them delivered this time.I'll need these things in early Nov..I'd appreciate your...
Thanks so much for the info. I have decided that i won't make 2 cakes for my son (one party for friends and one for family). it would be too much for me. I will make a cake for his b'day in Nov and this will give me more plan to buy the things and plan.thanks for your help again!violet
Thanks everyone. my local spotlight store has some decorations stuff but no fondant or any good tools.I will check those links you suggested. Wouldn't mind having a few more store names though so please keep posting. thanks a lot for your help!violet
Hi Aussie friends,Thomas b'day is coming up in a couple of months. it's time for me to think about his cake (using fondant). I need to buy a few tools ie. FoodWriters' pen (for writing words), fondant ribbon cutter/embosser and also colours for fondant and the actual fondant itself.Do you know where I can get these (i'm in sydney). Since I can't drive, and the only store I know is Iced Affairs in camperdown and it takes me ages to get there on buses and i don't relly fancy...
Oh cool................pateintly waiting...............thanks for replying
Hi,I have a friend who is looking for a cake decorator who can make her son's birthday cake (4yo). Anyone from Sydney who is interested? please e-mail me your contact details and webpage. Not sure what kind of cake she wants........I am sort of thinking about making it. but it's possible I will NOT end up making it as Dh will be away most of next week, and there wont be anyone looking after my child. But I am still going to think about 'how to make the bowling theme cake'...