Posts by aizuodangao

thanks for your replies. ah, so i did read correctly about not putting in plastic containers (not letting it sweat). I have not notice sugarpaste etc on sale in helthfood stores here in Oz, i must check. Yeah, funny they are sold there if it's true..........but if it is, it's more convenient for me. thanks for letting me know though. i will check.
Hi eveyone,I found this recipe and thought you might be intersted in making one. I have a question though. It says to store the covered cake in an airtight container. I have read that all fondant covered cakes must be stored in a cardboard box NOT have any contact with plastic. If this is correct, then what's the best way to store a covered cake? (in this case, I'll be covering a fondant-covered christmas cake)Your answer is appreciated.thanks_________________________Easy...
thanks so much for the intructions! can't wait to make it
Hi Miss baritone,Thanks you so much for being so helpful and taking time to answer my questions.It' s good to know that I can omit the nuts and substitute them.I look for ward to using your recipe. thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi,I've decided to make a christmas cake for my son's day care since this is his last year there and decorate it. The party is in 2 week's time.Since there will be many kids there (NUT FREE DAY CARE) and I am the few people who are allergic to alcahol (yes, you'll never find me drunk.LOL), I am looking for a christmas cake recipe which is obviously which contains ONLY FRUIS and NO-ALCAHOL and also easy (since i hav never made on before!I have read that some recipes uses...
thansk everyone for your ideas!!!!!!!! Much appreciated I have never down a run out before but will read about it and see if i can do it. The gumpaste idea sounds good but i am not sure if I'll be able to lift each colour up (from table) without distorting the strips. I have seen a cake with rainbow somewhere (with instrcutions) but juts can't seem to find it. Will check the wilton site to see if there's anything.Think i need a more or less step by step instructions on how...
Hi,I am going to make a rainbow cake for my son's day care using fondant. i am not sure if it's going to be 2D or 3D yet, but if you can help me with both methods, that would be great.My question is this, how do i make the rainbow stripes 'EVEN'? even tips? thought of rolling each colour into a sausage but it wont be even. I don't have a sugarcraft gun, but i do have a ribbon cutter which i don't know how to use yet. If i do use latter, i would imagine when i bend the...
oops, i have just thought of another question. It has just occur to me that this recipe contains cream and sour cream (which i have never use before in any of my cakes).This might sound like a silly question. Since there's cream and sour cream in the cake, is it ok to use this recipe for a cake which I will use for decorating (using fondant)? I mean, will it last 5 days till it's being cut and eaten?I told you it'a silly question.......sorry because i have never use these...
thanks so much Quadcrew and bush1! I am ready to make the cake now
thanks 7yyrt. I had to go shopping b4 i checked back here, So i avhe bought castor sugar - assume i can use that in this recipe.The only thing i am not quite sure about now is the 1/4 cream. like you said, i might be 1/4 cup OR is it 1/4 whatever the volume of the cream in it's original container, which can vary according to sizes?Hope someone will admin can help.