Posts by aizuodangao

Hi,I have seen many beautiful novelty (3D) cakes here which are from disney/TV shows - winnie the pooh, etcThis makes me curious ........If anyone 'sells' cakes of this sort, does that person need to get permission from the creator/TV shows/producers etc?Does copyright issue come into this?
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&pos=-90406Hi everyone,After burning my fruitcake, I ended up making a chocolate cake. I presented the cake to my son's day care last night (more explanation on the cake page) and boy were the staff 'surprised'! The director was very very reluctant to cut the cake but I said if she didn't, the cake would be too stale to eat on monday next week. She immediately took her disposable camera out and took a...
Thanks Boring and Lyn!Actually after i posted here about the cake being total disaster, i cut all the burnt bits away, a lot of hte middle part was still ok, so Dh is taking that to work tomorrow. I can't use this for the day care becuase it would mean filling too many holes (alll sides of cake) and the already covered cake board is round and the cake is not square! I will make another cake next week.Thnaks for all your tips, help, support etc!!!!!!!!!! I can't tell you...
thanks everyone! I have the answers i need now. I can't thank you enough!wow, Lyn and "boring' you are amazing making that many cakes! i am sure meals on wheels appreciates what you do for them. Cheers to the both of you!Merry christmas to all of you and happy new year too!violet
DISASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i have just cut the cake. BURNT all sides! i took the top off, bottom the middle is probably ok but I just can't bare filling in holes on both sides ( i didn't even cut off the sides which are also burnt There's no way i can present this cake. So, plan B, will have to make another cake - oh no, no more fruit cake. THis fruit cake has brought me nothing but stress So, plan B I am going to make 20 inch (31cm) chocolate...
wow, making 16 cakes? did you have to cover them too? amazing! fruit cakes are they?
HI "Boring'.thanks so much! no, you reply is not too late at all! just about to head off to bed here. The cake is still quite hot and is covered with baking paper and also clean teac towels.wow, i am not sure if i can do that 'trick' yet (only covered 5 cakes in last 5 years, yes, one per year for my son's b'day) due to lack of practise! but i will try to be careful though.i covered the board with fondant about 45 min ago. gee, a 12 inch board takes nearly 1 kg of...
ok lyn. thanks. i will.
Lyn,I have just finished baking my fruit cake as you know. you mentioned here you use a think layer of fondant then a normal layer. how long after the thin layer before you put the normal layer on? I hate this staining thing to happen to my cake too.violet
Hi LeeAnn,Thnaks for the tip. it's so healpful! I am actually not using alcohol as it's cake for kids at day care and also i am allergic to alcohol (lucky me ! LOL)The cake will be eatern in 9 days time so I hope it will keep ok (covered) till then. I have never used marzipan (also it's very expensive) so if i use only fondant to cover, should i do 2 layers? (to avoid the sultanas from popping out). I only have 6 days to have this cake ready becuase the teachers want me to...