Posts by aizuodangao

thanks so much bashini! I will check those links out when i get the chance
Hi,I am in Sydney, Australia. I am hping to get a job as a cake decorator one day. I have been decorating my son's b'day cakes for 8 years now. (mostly fondant). As I can't really afford to attend cake decorating classes, could anyone recommend any DVDs which I could order online which have detail techniques on how to decorate all types of cakes (buttercream, how to pipe, how to cover all types of shape cakes, how to do flowers, etc etc). I'd love to learn as many skills...
http://www.amazon.com/Start-Business-Today-Paula-Spencer/dp/0981646905/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1239067358&sr=1-4OR http://www.amazon.com/Starting-Cake-Decorating-Business-Home/product-reviews/1905113064/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1Hi,I am in Australia. I know some aspects in these books which are not relevant to aussies. Just wondering if it is still worthwhile for me to get either one of these 2 books? Or is it a waste of money? I don't know...
Hi, My son's party is this coming sunday 23rd Nov 08.!! Ok, I hope have found these answers out much earlier.........Dong!I have bought a N/Stick pudding steamer trad 2.8L (12 cups, 3 quats or 6 pint OR eq to the volume of a 28cm round tin) tin for the volcano cake. I Couldn't find a dolly varden tin. I will be using a moist mud like mocha cake recipe.MY questions are: 1) The scientist who will be doing hands on science with the kids (for volcanic eruption effect by...
brialliant idea peg818. Thanks!!!!!!
My son will be 7 in Nov. He wants an earthquake cake ! We're likely to get a scientist in to do a one-hour science show hopefully something to do with earthquake (haven't rung yet so don't know what they can do).I was going to combine some science (experiements) in the cake itself but thought that would relaly mess up the cake!! Son wants wobbly jelly in it to simullate earthquake's shaking movement (but mummy wants a 'clean' cake so it doesn't mess up her decoration on...
Hi,I will be making some cupcakes (1st time) very soon for my son's b'day. Since I am not so confident in making the ccupakes, I have bought 2 boxes of 'NATURES's Selection taste cupcakes - baking mix' and hope to use them in cupcakes. The packet has cooking time for 18 cupcakes but I will be making mini ones.I am not sure how long to bake the cup cakes for. I willl be makingmini size cupcakes (1 3/4 inch or 4.5 cm diameter base measurement)What temperature should i use...
Wow everyone,thanks so much for the great advice & tips! Can't risk freezing the cake and then find I ruin it due to not thawing out properly etc. So, great idea to plan other things (gosh, this will test my planning skills to actually do things AHEAD of time. LOL)You all ROCK! Thanks again
HI everyone,I have 2 seperate questions and I am hoping you can helpQuestions A:My child's birthday isn't till Nov. In the past , I always make his FONDANTR COVERED cake on the Monday, cover on tuesday, and decorate wed-fri, party on sat.Now, this doesn't leave me enough time to prepare other party things ie food, games.This year, I am thinking of making a cake a few weeks in advance. A1) How long before a parth should I make a cake for 'freezing'? (is it best minimun...
oh thanks for answering. Thought it might. Just curious.