Posts by candy177

Wow. Congrats! That is one hell of a cake!!!
That BC recipe is the ONLY one I use! It's amazing and works very well under fondant. Just chill the cake well first.
I made a french buttercream and froze it last week. So, I took it out of the freezer today and put it in the fridge. In a rush, I popped it in the microwave tonight on defrost and melted it (on accident). Put it back in the fridge. It looks almost curdled. I tried beating it. No change. Is there any way I can save it? (If not, I have some vanilla leftover - this was the mocha. It's for cupcakes for my friend's bridal shower.)The only ingredients in it are egg...
Nope. That'd still be considered charging because you made money on it. It may seem like a loophole, but it's not.
Tara - thank you and good luck to you too! We've only been ttc for a couple months now. Linda - We have stiff icing, whipped icing and whipped cream. It's funny because the day before I all this pain started all the cakes I did were whipped icing or whipped cream. Didn't touch the stiff stuff once.I looked into the mangosteen juice and that stuff is EXPENSIVE! Not in my budget right now...Jannanners - tingling and numbness are NOT good. The dr applied pressure in...
So I went to a dr today - had x-rays and was poked and prodded and had a lot of muscles squeezed. Dr said I have 4 points of inflammation (hand, wrist, elbow, shoulder) and I guess it basically all boils down to a tennis elbow or something like that. Gave me a wrist brace and limitations for work - no lifting over 15 lbs, no lifting/reaching over my head and no cake. I go for PT with ultrasound and probably massage starting Monday. He also mentioned perhaps cortisone...
I haven't. I would go to my reg doctor but the person who handles the workman's comp is out until Friday and tomorrow is my day off and I don't want to wait. I'm just looking forward to x-rays. Yeah right. Necessary evil though.The other problem is that I'm trying to get pregnant so I know there's a lot of drugs that I won't be able to take. Right now, I'm taking Tylenol. (Big whoop lol)Thanks!
Today is a sad day. My arm hurts like hell, has been all day, from the palm of my hand to my elbow...and occasionally in my shoulder. I'm gonna try to get into a dr's office tomorrow to have it checked out, but I already know what they're gonna say, (in voice of Soup Nazi) "No cake for you!" One of the managers thinks I'm gonna need surgery. I don't think it's gotten that far yet. It hurts to write. It hurts to type. It just plain hurts.I work in a supermarket...
I would definitely go ganache. Actually, I've done this at work and it went very well. I would shy away from fondant or clay.
PS is powdered sugar. I've never used satin ice, so I'm afraid I can't really help you out. Good luck!